88

After they heard about the incident, they chose to ignore it. In fact, they didn't think she could still have a good relationship with their family.

After they bought fabrics, they then went to buy meat to cook meat porridge for the baby.

On their way back, they picked up Mrs. Zhou and fifth sister Zhou from the town’s entrance. In the carriage, Li Qinghe told Mrs. Zhou about old lady Liu's injury. Mrs. Zhou frowned, then started thinking about something. When they got off at the Zhou family house, Mrs. Zhou said, "Fourth child, take your eldest brother and sister-in-law to visit the old lady Liu's place later."

The two looked at each other, Mrs. Zhou explained, "Old lady Liu's earned money using your elder sister-in-law's recipe. They had promised her before that they would help her for her financial needs after her retirement. Now that she is paralyzed on the bed and can't even get up, it's time that they keep their promise."

Li Qinghe knew that the silver, old lady Liu earned, as well as the house she was living in, was all bought by selling Mei Hua's recipe. Now that she was on the verge of death, it must all be given back to Mei Hua.

After listening to Mrs. Zhou's explanation, Zhou Chengkang instantly obeyed. Li Qinghe entered the Zhou family courtyard, intending to wait for him to return after taking both of them to town and then leave with him.

There was just a few days left before the fifth sister Zhou's wedding approached, so she can also help a little.. Mrs. Zhou was counting the dishes.

Zhang Haiyao was a little sour, "If it goes well, the elder brother and sister-in-law will be the richest people in our family."

"Don't think of vicious thoughts like tha!" Mrs. Zhou reprimanded and asked, "Should we serve fish or not?"

"No." Zhang Haiyao answered, "Fish is not cheap nowadays. No matter who in our family pays for it, it will not be a small amount."

If Li Qinghe was willing to bring the fish, then she would bring the meat.

Mrs. Zhou frowned, " Why can't we serve it? We are going to have a celebration in our house anyway. After I marry off my fifth child, I will live a leisurely life in the future."

After she ended the conversation, the two didn't talk about anything else.

After thinking about it for a while, Mrs. Zhou started again, "Let's not serve fish anymore. If you have money, help your fifth sister buy two feet of fabric."

After the eldest couple went to the town, they didn’t come back and decided to stay at old lady Liu's house.

Old lady Liu had no family and there was no one she was close to, in the village. She went out early in the morning to sell tofu and would return late at night, so she was not on familiar terms with her neighbors. The eldest brother Zhou and eldest sister-in-law Zhou moved into her house smoothly either way and no one said a word.

It was March 14th, and the atmosphere in the Zhou family was very lively. Since Li Qinghe had to take care of her child, she couldn’t help in the kitchen, so instead greeted the guests outside. Because of the sweet potatoes and the fish trade, there were quite a lot of people who knew her now.

Mrs. He also came to help out today and pulled her aside when she was free, "Qinghe, auntie has something to ask you."

Seeing that she had a serious expression on her face, Li Qinghe also restrained the smile on her face, “What is it?."

"Wasn't there a drought last year? Because of that our family's harvest was reduced to a big extent, and the food price's in the town were increasing day by day. I can't afford to buy food anymore. Can..." She lowered her voice, "you lend me some sweet potato slips?"

Green Lotus Peasant GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara