33

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 33: Two in One

The door was slightly opened by Mrs. Qian, and Mrs. Xu squeezed in. "Is the girl with the surname Yu here?" Mrs. Xu asked.

Yu?

As he glanced at Yu Yan, Li Fu's tightened brows finally relaxed.

Since my daughter has already decided to get married, it's not good to cause any major disturbances.

Li Qinghe was surprised. Turning to Yu Yan, who looked cautious, she asked in a low tone, "What's going on?"

Yu Yan smiled slightly and went out into the yard.

"Auntie, let's speak at my house. It's another person's house, so we shouldn't bother them."

The third aunt also emerged from the house. Although she was a little confused by what was going on, she invited Mrs. Xu to her house to discuss the situation alongside Yu Yan.

"Why? Are you scared that the thing about you confessing to a man will be leaked to the public? I'm not afraid, so I'll just say..."

Instead of looking at the third aunt, Mrs. Xu looked at Li Fu and Mrs. Qian. She pointed at Yu Yan and said, "This shameless girl gave our family's Changjie an embroidered purse with a mandarin duck on it. They are not even related, and yet she gave him that. Do all the girls from the county possess such virtue?"

The third Aunt's face instantly turned pale. Yu Yan, who stood next to her, tried to comfort her in a low voice.

This is really bad.

There is still a month until New Year's Eve. There were already some people preparing for the coming New Year's goods in the village, and the zing of the New Year celebrations was getting stronger. During this time, Mrs. Xu showed up to create trouble in the house. Although she wanted to settle the account with Yu Yan, she did not put the Li family in her sights either.

When Li Fu first heard her looking for Yu Yan, his eyebrows were slightly relaxed, but when he heard Mrs. Xu speaking without regard for anyone, his expression changed. He said, "Can you go outside to make noise. This has nothing to do with our family......"

"Didn't your daughter also do the same?" She raised her hand and pointed at Li Qinghe, sneering, "I dare you to say you didn't have any other intentions when you saved my son?"

Acting like a crazy dog! Coming to bite people at their door.

Not only was Li Qinghe not angry, but she also sneered before folding her arms and said, "Yes, I had other intentions."

When Mrs. Xu heard this, she almost leaped forward as if she had caught something, "Look, she admitted it." Then she turned to Li Fu and emphasized, " Isn't that what I just said now."

Li Fu's expression worsened. He glared at Li Qinghe and motioned for her to enter the house. Usually, the girl suffers losses in such situations.

Li Qinghe responded calmly, "I just wanted your family to give me a gift as a thank you." She raised her hand and pointed to the west direction, "Have you seen my wasteland? It was bought with ten taels of silver that you gave me. If I didn’t save your son, your son would have died and I would not have the land. We all would have suffered losses in the case, didn’t we?"

"Speaking of saving your son…" Li Qinghe remembered something and casually continued, "I remember Wanwan and I saved him again later. Your Xu family hasn't expressed your gratitude yet. When will you send us a thank you gift, auntie?"

As soon as she heard this, Zhao Wanwan rushed out of the house, "Auntie, are you here to give the gift?" She turned to Li Qinghe and said, "Sister, I have also contributed, so I deserve half of it as well."