100

They could still hear the sounds from inside, as they stood still waiting for fifth sister Zhou and her husband. They intended to go inside with them.

Fifth sister Zhou frowned slightly, "What is the third sister-in-law arguing about?"

"It might be the third sister-in-law's business." Li Qinghe whispered.

As they waited at the door, they heard most of the argument and figured out why the fight had taken place between them. It seemed that the eldest brother Zhou and Mei Hua wanted to take Mrs. Zhou to live with them in the town. But Mrs. Zhou disagreed.

Then Zhang Haiyao got into a fight with them.

Zhang Haiyao wasn't fighting for Mrs. Zhou. Rather she found a reason to fight with the couple to get back at eldest brother Zhou for mocking her yesterday.

She was ready to abandon her husband and child to go to the county, but her father refused to let her come. Bringing up this topic in her presence would only make her angry.

"Let's go in." Zhao Liyuan said. In fact, he was a little embarrassed, but he was already at the door, and it wouldn't be appropriate to turn around and leave.

As soon as they entered the house, the voices disappeared immediately. If it was just Zhou Chengkang and Li Qinghe who had entered, the fight would have escalade more fiercely. But the situation was now different as the fifth sister Zhou and Zhao Liyuan were also present. Fifth sister Zhou was a married woman and brought her husband back to her maternal home. Zhao Liyuan was a guest of the Zhou family. If they fought indiscreetly in front of him, it would be embarrassing for fifth sister Zhou, if Zhao Liyuan went back and told his parents about the fight.

Zhang Haiyao was the one to respond fastest, "Ah, Liyuan is here. I'll go cook for them."

Mei Hua also walked to the kitchen with her lowered behind her. Li Qinghe naturally also followed them.

The atmosphere in the kitchen was awkward. Speaking of the daughters-in-law of the Zhou family, Mei Hua had no maiden family, and Zhang Haiyao's maiden family was in the county. She couldn't go there on the first day of the new year and return early. And as for Li Qingmiao, she already lived with her parents. So it was only Li Qinghe who went back to her parent's house.

Mei Hua looked at the living room and said in a low voice, "Fourth sister-in-law, we weren't arguing just now. Mother is supposed to live with and take care of her eldest son. It's convenient for us to live in the town to earn money, so we can't just move back here for mother's sake. It just doesn't make any sense, right?"

Li Qinghe hummed.

Mei Hua shook her head and said, "But mother is not willing to live there."

"Second sister-in-law and third sister-in-law can persuade her for this matter, but I can't." Li Qinghe then got up to take out a piece of meat from the storage container. Mrs. Zhou had prepared this meat, especially for fifth sister Zhou and her husband to eat on the first day of the new year. She washed the meat with hot water. As she cut the meat, she said, "Mother lives with me now and if I try to persuade her to go with you, she will think that I don't want her to live with me. It would be uncomfortable between us then."

Mei Hua sneered, "It is said that the emperor loves the eldest son, and the countrymen love the youngest son. It is indeed not a lie. Why should mother help your family work? She also helps you take care of the child and cook meals for your family. I, second sister-in-law, and third sister-in-law don't have such a good life."

Li Qinghe and Zhang Haiyao looked at each other secretly. If Mei Hua had not been married once, the betrothal gift she would have received would not be less than hers. When she got married, elder brother Zhou didn't even want a dowry. If it wasn't for the rest of the brothers who were in a hurry to marry, Mrs. Zhou would have never allowed her to marry in the Zhou family.