39

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 39: Borrow Silver

Li Qinghe was convinced by this reason.

"So we still have to pay the debt in the future, right?" The ten taels of silver, of course, must have been borrowed. The marriage of the Zhou brothers would never have taken place if the Zhou family had not been able to borrow it.

He didn't contradict, but rather said, "In the future, I will earn money for you. I will do whatever you ask of me. If you want me to go to the east, I will never go west."

Then, seeing Li Qinghe glare at him, he laughed and explained, "There is a lot of involvement here. My third brother borrowed it from me, and the Zhang family insisted. In case I do not borrow, the debt will be my mother's, then she will not have to do anything for the rest of her life, just repay the debt. However, if I take five taels, the situation will be different. When the time comes..." The Zhou family's eldest and second sons were also supposed to help their mother, but they were reluctant to do so. In the end, those who used the money were responsible for paying it back.

Li Qinghe went to see the chickens, while Zhou Chengkang fed the fish. It was still a little warm during the day, but it got cold at night.

The chickens didn't grow much, and their fur looked a little dirty; they looked wretched. "Should we light a brazier? It would be best to separate and keep them away from each other at night."

Zhou Chengkang listened carefully, "I'll try."

Following spring planting, the villagers actually cut the weeds at ordinary times and were not overly busy.

During Zhao Wanwaw's stay with them, Li Qinghe did not feel anything odd. However, a month after Zhao Wanwaw left, while Li Qinghe was picking out ripe vegetables in the backyard, she started to feel strange. They still have a few days left to eat the vegetables that they grew out of the plants in the backyard. But after these batches of vegetables were cut, there would be no more food once they were eaten.

She didn't say anything about it. Li Fu would still feel that she provoked Mrs. Qian if she had talked too much about this to him. In addition to not saying anything, Li Qinghe also went inside to get a hoe and began digging the ground. Li Fu will eventually know when the food runs out two to three months from now.

She heard a knock on the door as she was planting the seeds. After a few seconds, Yu Yan walked into the backyard. In a low voice, she asked, "Are you still planting vegetables?"

Li Qinghe understood what she was saying. It was time to prepare for the wedding, and it was too late to embroider the wedding dress. Additionally, Yu Yan, who lived nearby, noticed that Mrs. Qian did not like to work.

Li Qinghe's disbelief was evident on her face as she said, "I have to eat, too." She has been working in town for the past two years, but she also ate at home for the last few months, and she should plant vegetables.

"That's true." Yu Yan held her face in her hands as she squatted aside and watched her work.

It was rare that she sat like this disregarding her image. As Li Qinghe looked at her several times, she noticed Yu Yan seemed dazed and asked, "Why do I feel like something happened to you?"

Yu Yan looked at her, "Xu Changjie came to me again and told me he was pleased with me. If I am willing, he will fight with his mother. What do you think...about the family Xu?"

"No." Li Qinghe shook her head, "I have a good relationship with you, and I will tell you the truth. A lot of people have seen the things between Xu Changjie and the girl from the Yang family in town together. What is it you find so attractive about him?"