35

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 35: Wedding Date

Zhou Chengkang and Li Qinghe both looked at each other when they heard his question. Zhou Chengkang thought for a while and replied, "I will get a quilt and stay in the carriage for one night." Not afraid of ten thousand times, but just one night¹.

There was no other option. Even though the people in the village were still simple-minded, the situation would be bad because there are so many fish. If someone was seriously tempted to steal and also if the theft was done more secretively, catching the person would be really hard. Their only choice would be to accept their poor luck.

Zhou Chengkang drove his carriage into the courtyard of the Zhou family, went to the house to retrieve the quilt, and went outside. The moment he reached the eaves, he just met Zhang Haiyao who had returned from the cottage, and both of them just nodded in greeting.

Zhang Haiyao returned to the room and whispered to Zhou Chengcai, who was lying on the bed, "Looking at his behavior, could it be that he was preparing to guard the fishes?"

Zhou Chengcai didn't think there was anything wrong with it, "There are so many fish. It would be best to be careful."

"Humph." Zhang Haiyao coldly snorted, "Isn't that just some fish? Why do they have to be so stingy? I don't know if he has been paid for the work he has done for them."

"Because he is happy to help!" Zhou Chengcai got up, reached out to take her into his arms, and then blew the candle flame, "If you let me help, I will also be happy ......"

In the early morning, Li Qinghe woke up. The carriage was already outside the yard; she changed her clothes and climbed into the carriage. By the afternoon, Li Qinghe had sold out all the fishes. Today, she didn't just earn a tael or two more, she earned more than ten taels.

Li Qinghe was very happy as she counted the copper coins. With the pond belonging to them, even though they would have to work harder, they should have a good life.

When she got home, it was about the same time as yesterday. Today also Zhao Wanwan helped her by boiling water, and followed her to her room after she finished washing, "Sister, are you going to town tomorrow too?"

"Why do you ask?" Li Qinghe wiped her hair cleanly today since she wouldn't be going fishing in a short time.

Zhao Wanwan lowered her head. Her face blushed as she said, "I want to go to Hu's house to give them fish."

As it turns out, Li Qinghe was actually planning on going shopping tomorrow, and on the way, she would also deliver the fish to Xu's family.

"I'll go to town tomorrow. Let's go together." There were so many people in the village that there should be carriage rides, and she wasn't the only one.

Zhao Wanwan immediately became happy.

When Li Qinghe saw her like this, she asked, "Would you also like to send it to your father?"

“My father?” Zhao Wanwan asked, puzzled, “Father is next door...”

Suddenly, she realized that the 'father' Li Qinghe meant was her father, Zhao Tianfu, and shook her head. "I haven't seen him for a long time, and he didn't come to see me either. That's pointless. Besides, this fish is what I asked from you, and it's not mine."

As Li Qinghe listened to her talking about the Hu family, she suddenly remembered all the things Zhao Tianfu had done to set up Zhou Wanwan's marriage. He only helped her by asking the Hu's to agree for marriage.

After they went to town again the next day, Li Qinghe sat outside the carriage with Zhou Chengkang, which was packed with people.

Upon arriving in the town, the carriage was parked at the town's entrance. Li Qinghe separated from the others and went to the cloth shop first.