38

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 38: Hire

Li Qinghe was stunned.

Her surprise was evident on her face. Zhao Wanwan looked at the kitchen and whispered, "I have asked, if I leave, this work will be gone. The manager agreed to have someone work on my behalf. But there are also requirements. Person replacing cannot be a novice, they should have experience working in restaurants. Sister, can you help me this time?"

The heat in the kitchen really made Li Qinghe want to stay away. Then, she shook her head and said, "I'm very busy over there. There will be dozens of chicks in two days. We have to take care of the pond or we will lose the money. I can spare a day or two, but two months...I'm raising fish... I can't leave for that long."

Zhao Wanwan looked sad and said, "Isn't there Brother Chengkang? He can help you. Sister ever since I was a child, I never asked you for anything. If you can help me this time, I will definitely help you in the future!"

Seeing her eyes full of expectation, Li Qinghe replied, "I really can't do that for you. You should know how busy I am at home, and I have also cleared out the field, and in a few days I will be doing spring planting, so I have to hire someone."

Zhao Wanwan sighed, "If I can't find someone, I can't go."

In case I cannot go then, a group full of scholars could visit a brothel, in case something happens...

As she thought of that, Zhao Wanwan sighed, "I'm afraid my husband will forget me after he leaves me. Because scholars like to drink wine in brothels and watch shows."

Evidently, she had a clear head.

"You should find someone to work for you. In this town, you can certainly find someone, but you must offer some benefits to them." Li Qinghe advised her.

Zhao Wanwan seemed a little impatient, "But if I find someone, what if they don't take me back after I return, or if she does better than me and the restaurant doesn't want to hire me?"

Her tone was not very good at the end of the sentence.

She was upset, and Li Qinghe wasn't happy either, "Your fourth brother is still waiting for me. I'll leave now."

Zhao Wanwan grabbed her sleeve just as she was about to leave, and asked, "Sister, you seem to know the chef very well, don't you?"

Li Qinghe said calmly, "We just know each other. I wanted to ask him for help to sell the fish. If I have to ask for your help, I'm afraid it won't work."

After that, she shook her sleeve from her grasp, turned around, and walked off.

When Zhao Wanwan wanted to chase her, someone in the kitchen shouted, "Where is the person who has been burning firewood gone? Where did you go lazing around?"

She had no choice but to turn back and go inside, "Coming."

Li Qinghe shook her head and no longer thought about Zhao Wanwan after leaving the restaurant.

There were still some chickens in her house, but they all were hatching at home and some might even die before hatching, so raising chickens was more difficult than raising fish.

She and Zhou Chengkang went to the seed shop. In their village, barley and rice are usually grown. She doesn't own a paddy field. Naturally, she cannot grow rice, so she has to buy barley instead.

It was still early when the two returned home. Mrs. Qian came from the opposite side, dragging her feet. She wore a shirt patched with old clothes. She must have come home from the fields to prepare dinner at this hour.