42

Zhang Haiyao's face became more hideous after a while, "It's not five copper plates, it's five taels of silver. Can you earn it by selling the fish you have been working so hard to raise for over half a year?"

She was furious when she saw Li Qinghe not speaking. She looked at the crowd in the house and asked, "My parents brought me up with pampering, what's wrong with me receiving a bride price?"

At that moment, eldest brother Zhou came from outside with an empty stall and immediately noticed something amiss.

Old Lady Liu didn't come in at all and went straight back to her room. She shared a room with her fifth sister Zhou, and she did not have a special room.

The elder brother Zhou came in with his wife, "What's wrong?"

"We are discussing the separation," Mrs. Zhou said. "Eldest child, call the second child."

"I have something to say, "Zhang Haiyao frowned. "The second brother is married into the Li family. It's fine to get him to come back as a witness, but if you want to take his share, I won't agree."

Mrs. Zhou looked at her coldly and said, "It's not your turn to say no. This house was earned by myself, the children's father, and these brothers. The second child did something before, and now he has his fair share. No one is allowed to have any opinions."

Li Qinghe was not bothered by this. Only the land could be used to share since there was no food at home, and she had plenty of land. She has ten acres of barren land she hasn't cleaned up yet.

The elder brother Zhou turned around and left, while the elder sister-in-law stood in the corner without speaking at all.

The couple goes to the town to sell tofu every day, and they did not rely on farming to support their family. It depends on the person. Some people don't have a lot of talents.

Li Qingmiao's home was close, and after a few breaths, the elder brother Zhou arrived with the two of them.

As everyone arrived, Mrs. Zhou coughed, "The family is poor, and I'm sorry for you."

"Mother, you are making your sons uncomfortable with your words." Elder brother Zhou's eyes were red, "You raised us all alone. It's our fault. Your son is not capable, and let you be embarrassed."

Mrs. Zhou waved her hand, "I am satisfied that you have such a heart." She looked up at the sky and said, "There is no food in the house, and we cannot go on living, so my daughter-in-law said, 'You can make your own living if you can't go on living'. In fact, this is quite reasonable as well. If someone really takes advantage of it, it will hurt your brothers' relationship for a long time. The tree has a big branch. Let's use the fine weather today to split the family!"

There was no sound in the room, and second brother Zhou was filled with unhappiness, "Mother, your son is not filial."

"Let's not talk about that, let's get your wife into the house. From now on, it's up to you," Mrs. Zhou said as she waved her hand.

She looked at Zhang Haiyao, "The third daughter-in-law, I will still say that I do not acknowledge the dowry debt. Your aunt will come tomorrow to pick up the money."

Zhang Haiyao looked away, and quietly pinched the third brother Zhou with her hand.

Her movements naturally fell into the eyes of everyone. Mrs. Zhou did not speak but only looked at the third brother Zhou.

Zhou Chengcai got up and went out. Zhang Haiyao was shocked and hurriedly chased him out, "You dare to move my money!"

A ping-pong-pong sound came from outside. Soon, Zhou Chengcai appeared with five taels of silver and placed them on the table. In her rage, Zhang Haiyao cried, ran after him, and declared, "If you accept this silver, I'll return to my family."