66

Her surprised voice stunned everyone inside and outside of the yard at that moment.

Hu Yanxi froze for a moment and quickly responded, "Why are you here?"

Zhao Wanwan had just stowed the fabric in the house and was walking out when she saw this. With some bewilderment, she looked at the nervous man. "Didn't you say there was no connection between you two? Why did she come so far to search for you?"

"It doesn't matter, she misunderstood." Hu Yanxi got up and ran under the eaves to Zhao Wanwan. His voice was extremely low as he said, "She has helped me before, and I can't be rude to her. It's just a misunderstanding."

Li Qinghe looked at Hu Yanxi under the eaves whispering to Zhao Wanwan. It was obvious to her that he was trying to stabilize Zhao Wanwan first. She turned around and looked at the beautiful girl in front of her with a smile. "Wanwan is my sister. What do you want from her?"

"Uh, I…" She was a bit at a loss. "Earlier, I heard Yanxi say that their relationship isn’t deep, so I wanted to come and ask, he… said he wanted to divorce her, my… parents are urging me to discuss the marriage, I really want to…"

She fumbled over her words, but Li Qinghe still understood. Hu Yanxi had told the girl he and his wife didn't have a deep relationship and that sooner or later, they would divorce. Therefore, the girl's family urged them to get married, and the girl fell in love with him more and more until she ran out to find him.

The fact that Hu Yanxi was sweet-talking Zhao Wanwan over there was also a kind of ability to coax women.

Li Qinghe lowered her voice and said, "Don't be stupid. He's been living in my house for three or four months. If he doesn't have a good relationship with my sister, he wouldn’t be able to live together with her for so long."

The girl blushed. "But he said…"

It was obvious that she did not believe her words.

Li Qinghe spread her hands and said, "I don't know what happened before, but the couple slept in the same room for three or four months after moving back. You may be the only one who thinks they have no feelings."

Hu Yanxi walked to the courtyard door in time to hear this. His face looked embarrassed and he coughed uncomfortably. "Sister, I'm here to speak with her."

If this continues, he will soon be able to persuade the girl again.

Li Qinghe had never been nosy, but if she left the girl alone now, the man would likely coax her again. Therefore, she wasn't eager to leave. She leaned on the fence with her arms folded, watching them with a smile.

With a look on her face as if she were watching a good show, she didn't intend to avoid them at all. Hu Yanxi looked at her several times and couldn't help but say, "Sister, this girl is my friend, we have something to talk about."

The hint was obvious. Li Qinghe nodded and smiled. "I'm a little tired, so I'm taking a break."

Hu Yanxi was dumbfounded. The sun was at its hottest, and the fence she stood against could not block it at all. He vaguely remembered Zhao Wanwan saying that her sister used to be very afraid of the sun, but now she was not afraid at all.

He looked at the tea kettle in her hand, which was meant to be delivered to Li Fu, and said, "Xun'er, let's have a cup of tea."

After entering the courtyard, he thought Li Qinghe would not follow them inside. Instead, she turned around and entered the door, carrying the tea kettle, helping them pour tea, and sitting alongside them.

Zhao Wanwan wasn't stupid either. Although he had temporarily stabilized her, she realized that there was something wrong based on her intuition. Taking the needle and thread, she too sat down on the stone table.