43

Mother Zhou held on to the deed and nagged, seemingly endless. Zhang Haiyao got up, "It's late, I'll go boil water for laundry first."

Then, she got up and went out. Mrs. Zhou's expression was ugly for a moment as she glanced at the third brother. While she did not say anything to him, she looked at Li Qinghe, "Qinghe, it seems that many things have happened since you entered the door. Please do not overthink it, and from now on, live a good life with the fourth child."

Just after they got married, the family was separated. If one didn't know the ins and outs of the matter, they would think it was because of Li Qinghe.

As Mrs. Zhou has already said so, Li Qinghe cannot cause any trouble. The most important thing was to live a good life. Besides, it was nice to be separated. In any case, she planned to build the house. It was inevitable that disputes would arise in this house with so many people living there. On the other hand, letting her cook for the family was quite difficult, as her work wasn't finished.

"It's okay," Li Qinghe even smiled, "As long as mother is happy."

Mrs. Zhou rambled and instructed for a long time, and by the time the people dispersed, it was already afternoon. Neither Li Qinghe nor Zhou Chengkang accomplished anything during the half-day, so they separated. It was time to feed the fish again at the pond.

The sky had already been hazy and was beginning to get dark after feeding back. While looking at the Zhou family's small courtyard, Zhou Chengkang whispered, "It is best to have people live here to watch the fish and chickens."

"Then you live ah." Li Qinghe smiled, "The shack is not built. Can't you let me live?"

Zhou Chengkang was dissatisfied and pretended to be angry, "We just got married yesterday, and you're willing to let me stay alone? Don't you think it would be warmer to have another person in this weather?"

Li Qinghe couldn't help but laugh. "I've lived here for more than ten years; why am I still afraid of sleeping alone? Besides, it's April now; the later it gets, the warmer it is, and there's still too much heat in the summer."

"I'm scared." Zhou Chengkang grabbed her hand and coaxed, "I'm afraid, all right."

They walked unhurriedly. "If you want me to say, we should not build the house here." As he analyzed one by one, "Look, now we have one room for one person, no extra room whatsoever. And when we have children, where shall we live?"

Li Qinghe laughed at the issue of building a house,"Child?"

Zhou Chengkang touched her lower abdomen and said, "Maybe we already have one." with a little smile.

Li Qinghe's face turned red and she asked, "Do you like children?"

"I like the children you give birth to." he said seriously.

They didn't speak anymore, but they held hands tighter together. Their figures, which were intertwined and nestled together, looked particularly peaceful.

When the two returned home, the eldest brother, sister-in-law and Old Lady Liu were already asleep. Li Qingmiao and the second brother Zhou had already gone home. The third brother's room was the only one still lit by candles. They went into the kitchen to boil water for washing. Mrs. Zhou peeked out of the window, "You are boiling the water, so remember to cut firewood back tomorrow. If you want to boil water and cook, one quart of firewood is needed every day."

In normal circumstances, two people would not be able to use the entire quart of firewood.

"The extra will be considered as filial piety to me." Zhou's mother added.