53

It was impossible to persuade her.

Li Qinghe thought for a while and suggested, "If it was someone else, I could still mention it to mother, but it's not possible now. Or maybe I can help you convince mother to put off the marriage for a while?" If it was put aside, maybe she wouldn't consider it herself.

Fifth Sister Zhou nodded. "Thank you so much, Sister-in-law. Without you, I would never have said it."

Li Qinghe felt it was necessary to correct this girl's views and said sternly, "Fifth Sister, marrying is not just about determining reliability. You also need to see the person's ability at the very least to support you. For example, if you are sick, he can afford to buy you medicine, if pregnant, he can afford to buy you eggs and meat..... His family is also very important. There can never be too many nor those who don't know themselves......"

It was too much for Fifth Sister Zhou to listen to. She laughed gradually. “Sister-in-law, according to you, I am afraid I cannot get married."

Seeing her smile, Li Qinghe relaxed slightly. "You're willing to take a step back for him, but you have to know if he’s worthy of you. The same goes for your fourth brother. In terms of negotiating a marriage, he's not the best candidate, but I'm willing, and he's worth the effort."

When Zhou Chengkang heard this as he walked to the door, the smile on the corner of his mouth became gentle.

Fifth Sister Zhou turned around when she heard the movement and saw her brother come back. She stood up hurriedly. "I have to go back. Fourth Sister-in-law, tomorrow I'll come to ask for the size. I'll help you after this pair is done."

Zhou Chengkang entered the house after fifth sister left and embraced her, saying, "Say what you said again, I'd like to hear it."

The laughter of the couple came out through the door, and Fifth Sister Zhou, who hadn't gone far, turned around and thought about it.

It's the love between the two people that matters most, right?

Earlier, Li Qinghe had not lied when she said she would go to the county seat. Many of the restaurants in this town didn't use fish much. Also, half of the fish hasn't been used in the last few months. As the fish in the pond grew up, it became inefficient to raise them for a long period.

The couple found time to go fishing for a day. After midnight, they left the village without speaking to anyone and went straight to the county road.

Li Qinghe had never been to the county town in her two lifetimes. On the other hand, Zhou Chengkang had been there several times. It would take a day and a night to travel there by horse-drawn carriage.

From the town to the county seat, there was an official road, but no one had heard of anyone robbing the people on the road. Furthermore, it was not a good idea to stop along the way as the fish would die if they dilly-dallied for too long. So, they brought dry foods with them. As they arrived at the county town after a day and a night, it was still dark and the city gates did not open, and lots of people were blocking the gates. Many of them were vegetable farmers who took advantage of the dawn to sell vegetables.

The carriage was lined up, and Li Qinghe opened the curtain after smothering the fish. People who glanced at it saw several buckets of fish on the carriage, and immediately asked, "How much are these fish worth?"

"Eighteen cents per catty." In the town, Li Qinghe thought the fish was sold for twelve cents per catty. Since they had traveled for so long, she decided to raise the price.

Upon hearing the price, the man's eyes lit up, his body was already pressed forward, and he said, "I'll choose one."

It was not only him who wanted to buy it, but many others around him as well.