37

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 37: Help

"Maybe Wanwan left so Aunt Qian was feeling sad. She told me that she was uncomfortable and already went back to her room." Li Qinghe didn't intend to help Mrs. Qian hide it at all. Even though Li Fu and Mrs. Qian might disagree after saying these things, she was not Zhao Wanwan.

Except when there was a lot of fielding work to be done, Zhao Wanwan usually stayed at home to do housework. Housework was indeed cumbersome, but she had no other choice but to perform it. Li Qinghe was different. Each day, she has to set up sheds in the wasteland. When the weather gets better, she will have to buy fish and chickens to raise. When she has little time, she has to wash the clothes or sew clothes. Additionally, she was now sewing Zhou Chengkang's clothes. She was extremely busy all day and had no time to do all the household chores.

Li Fu was surprised when he heard those words. He thought that Mrs. Qian had left to do something. He didn't expect that she would run to lay down. As he entered the room, his face sank.

Yu Yan was holding a broomstick to help. Seeing the situation, she lowered her voice, "I'll go back first, and I'll...I'll come back later."

"I don't need you, it's just sweeping the floor. It may look tedious, but in fact, it won't take too long," said Li Qinghe, sending her off with a smile.

As she turned around, she noticed Mrs. Qian picking up the broom and beginning to sweep the floor angrily after having already changed her clothes. "What are you looking at?" Mrs. Qian sneered when she saw Li Qinghe looking at her.

"I think you are fine." Li Qinghe didn't rush, "Aren't you having trouble breathing?" She was so breathless

Mrs. Qian's breathing became even faster and she became even angrier.

By this point, the guests had all left, and only family members were left. Li Fu also emerged from the house. During the day someone will ask him to drink with them, and today was a wedding day, so it was not good to refuse, thus at this point his face is a little red, and he also swept the floor with the broom.

Despite being angry, Mrs. Qian worked quickly. She quickly swept halfway through the yard. As Li Qinghe cleaned the tables and chairs, Li Fu went to the backyard. Almost all of the house had been cleaned after an hour.

For dinner, they eat the leftover dishes from the banquet. They simply heated the dishes and started eating. "Tomorrow I'll go and pick up Wanwan. Don't forget to cook," Li Fu told Mrs. Qian during dinner.

Mrs. Qian ignored him. Needless to say, she was angry with him.

Putting down his chopsticks, Li Fu said, "Wanwan is also your daughter. If you make her faceless, will you still be happy? If the girl married someone, she would be a guest when she returned to her mother's house. She will come back more often if you make her happy. If you don't give her face then she won't come back, then you will regret it when it's too late."

"It's ok if she doesn't return!" Mrs. Qian angrily declared, "My life has always been bitter, and I raised a useless daughter. I might as well die now!" Her tears flowed by the end of her speech.

Li Qinghe couldn't stand looking at her anymore, got up, and went outside with a bowl in hand.

From behind her, she heard Li Fu's unhappy voice, "Don't cry next time you eat, it will make your appetite worse!"

Immediately after speaking, he rose and left. Seeing Li Qinghe in the yard, he calmed down his tone and said, "There's still food in the kitchen. Go heat it yourself, and don't stay hungry."

In two mouthfuls, Li Qinghe finished the bowl of food and said, "I'm full." Then she went into the kitchen.

When she came out again, Li Fu had already left the yard to stroll on the road outside. She could hear Mrs. Qian sobbing as she stood in the yard.