72

Seeing that it was her, Li Qinghe didn't hide the surprise on her face. "Miss Yang, is there something wrong?"

Yang Lanrou looked cautiously at the dog house's door. Little Rhubarb was not in the courtyard and had already entered his house due to the cold weather. She then stepped into the door with peace of mind. "I have something to discuss with you."

If there were something to discuss, she would need to enter the house. Li Qinghe led her sideways through the door. "What's the matter?"

"In the morning, I saw an official come over." She then paused before continuing. "I heard that Ms. Yu bought that piece of land behind your house."

"I was going to buy that land."

No one owned the wasteland and Yu Yan went to the village chief first to get the land deed. That piece of land already belonged to her. To put it bluntly, even if it was just barren land, it was written in Yu Yan's name now.

She wanted it even more now, and as long as Yu Yan didn’t agree, it was a pointless thought.

"That's unfortunate." Li Qinghe replied casually.

"It's like this." Yang Lanrou didn't mean to give up. "I know you and Miss Yu have a good relationship. Can you help me talk to her and have her sell half to me? I will only use it for the foundation, and then I can be neighbors with you two?"

The Yang family lived behind the chicken coop, an acre of land away from Li Qinghe's house. In a village, this distance would mean there could be four or five families between them, so it was impossible for them to be neighbors.

Li Qinghe raised her eyebrows. "Doesn't your family have a house?"

Hearing this, Yang Lanrou blushed. "I want to get married, and I want to move there then."

She must be sick in the head!

Some people in the village had secretly talked about Li Qinghe and Xu Changjie quarreling with each other. They had not mentioned it for the past two years, but Yu Yan… Mrs. Xu had quarreled with her in front of the house. If they become neighbors then the rumors might surround them for the rest of their lives.

She asked with a last glimmer of hope, "Are you engaged?"

Yang Lanrou's face turned even redder. "Well. We've known each other for several years, so if we don't get engaged, I'll be sixteen and he'll be twenty, so outsiders will be gossiping. Anyway, sooner or later, we’ll have to settle down."

Li Qinghe didn't know what expression to put on her face. With a blank expression, she said, "Go and talk to Yan'er yourself."

If it were up to her, she would definitely not want to be neighbors with these two. Of course, Yu Yan should also think the same.

"There is no business in this world that can't be negotiated." Yang Lanrou raised her head and looked at her seriously. "As long as you help mediate, I would like to give you two taels of silver as payment. As for Miss Yu's side, I will talk."

It looked like she had to have the land.

However, judging from the memory of her previous life, the Yang family had been desperate to move to the village to live at this time. They had already bought wasteland to build a house. Yet, they wanted to buy more land and build a house while they still hadn't paid the wages.

How can she be so unbelievable?

Seeing her expression, Yang Lanrou coughed lightly. "I really don't have any money right now, but I can write an IOU. I can even write more money."

What was the use of writing an IOU even for 100 taels if she couldn’t take it out and spend it?

"I'm sorry." Li Qinghe looked serious as she said, "I don't want to earn any silver from you."