44

Zhang Haiyao snorted and pulled Zhou Chengcai back to eat after hearing this. Li Qinghe also went back to the kitchen to cook, and the part of the meat dish was given to Mrs. Zhou.

After making some food, she went back to the backyard with a hoe and dug on the well-divided ground in the side yard, and then asked Mrs. Zhou for some vegetable seeds.

It was already afternoon when she finished planting. She went to the pond to feed the fish again and then looked at the chickens. When she returned home, it was too late. She then went to the kitchen, fried the meat, and brought it back to her room.

While carrying the meat back to her room, Zhang Haiyao came out to clean up the dishes. Zhang Haiyao looked at the plate and said with a smile, "I heard my sister-in-law worked in the restaurant for two years. Would her skills be better than those from ordinary families? Why don't I try some?"

Li Qinghe said as she held the plate, "In fact, it's not as good as yours." Avoiding her body, Li Qinghe went back into the room.

Zhang Haiyao was the only person she resented the most in this family, and there was no one else.

Giving Zhang Haiyao food was still a means of showing her filial piety to Mrs. Zhou. It would make her angry and have to hold back half a day after eating it, and she would be stupid to find out what her sin was.

As the night grew darker, she couldn't resist the urge to go to the foot of the western mountain to look for Zhou Chengkang, when she saw him returning carrying a load of firewood.

Li Qinghe offered to fetch water for him, but he took the bucket and said, "I'll do it myself."

The two of them sat face to face in the evening and discussed what had happened during the day. After hearing about the money from the sale, Zhou Chengkang was quite pleased, and said, "At this rate, we could build a house soon, and we could eat whatever we want."

In the family, everyone took turns using the kitchen and bathroom, and it was very inconvenient.

Zhou Chengkan and Li Qinghe decided that the next day, Zhou Chengkan would go up the mountain as usual, and Li Qinghe would go to town to send the chickens. They blew out the candlelight and soon fell asleep. The next morning, both of them were just going to get up when they heard a noise outside.

The elder sister-in-law's voice was not loud, but filled with anger: "Every morning we need to use the kitchen, this long-eyed person knows that, right? Why don't you get up earlier, or make it last night like the fourth sister?"

"Please be polite." Zhang Haiyao did not show weakness, "This kitchen belongs to all. How can I not use it? It's OK to make it last night, but it'll be cold in the morning when we eat it. If it's not hot, does my sister-in-law want us to get sick?"

Neither of them backed down.

Mrs. Zhou became impatient and left, " Why are you making noise early in the morning? I told you to make your kitchen if you don't like the inconvenience."

Zhang Haiyao snorted, turned around, and entered the kitchen. The elder sister-in-law became so furious that she pinched the elder brother Zhou several times.

The elder sister-in-law's trip to town on that day had been postponed by half an hour, and the amount of tofu sold had decreased from before. Li Qinghe did not accompany them to town, and when the three of them returned in the late afternoon, the tofu had not been sold. Their faces didn't look very good.

The elder brother entered the house, drank water, then went out again with his stall. He looked as if he wanted to sell it to all the families in the village.