79

Half of the people in the village sold the grains and planned on relying on sweet potatoes to feed their stomachs. Sweet potatoes could be boiled or baked and didn’t need any extra ingredients like oil or spices. It tasted sweet and delicious. When they were hungry sweet potatoes tasted a lot more delicious than the buns. Children also ate them happily.

Li Fu's harvests were s soon collected. By that time almost all the families were busy in collecting their harvests. by the end of August, when they woke up in the morning, the sky was dark and gloomy. The sun did not appear all day long. It was still dark early in the afternoon that day. In the middle of the night, there was a loud bang and the earth trembled, followed by an overwhelming downpour of rain.

Li Qinghe woke up by the thunderclap. Zhou Chengkang, who was beside her got up and put on his outer clothes, "It's okay, I'll go outside and have a look and also put away the things."

Since it didn't rain for months, they kept a lot of things they used daily in the courtyard or against the wall. Li Fu's two sacks of grains were kept under the eaves of the house. hearing the sound, he figured it was a big downpour outside. If he didn't carry sacks inside on time, they would get wet.

She got up too, and the night was only dark and dreary. The candle flame illuminated the ground, and she saw that the rainwater on the ground had become a small stream, flowing along the creek which flowed out towards the courtyard wall.

Zhao Chengkang ran outside and carried the grain sack into the house, but his clothes were already soaked in just a few seconds. Li Qinghe saw him and hurriedly found dry clothes for him to wear.

The rain was heavy tonight and it didn't seem like it would stop any sooner. There may not be any water shortage after tonight

"Actually, I recall this heavy rain from my previous life." His voice was a little distorted by the sound of the rain.

Li Qinghe was drowsy, but as soon as she head this, her sleep went away. There were no candles in the room, it was dark, and she couldn't see anything. She only felt a strong grip around her waist as he hugged her.

Actually, Li Qinghe noticed that something was wrong with him the morning after he woke up. In his last life, Zhou Chengkang didn't talk much to her, let alone come to meet her. After the Xu family came to her house for matchmaking, no other men approached her house to propose marriage.

The Xu family's visit was very smooth, and there were no guests at all.

Previous life?

He straightaway talked about his previous life, so he should have realized that something was wrong with her. And she didn't know when Zhou Chengkang found out. In fact, in front of him, she never concealed it.

His voice was low, "I remember running out in the middle of the night. you were buried in the mountain and the rain washed out the soil of your grave. I was busy putting soil on you ......"

"Don't talk about it." Li Qinghe touched his arm. She felt her goosebumps rise. Although she had seen this with her very own eyes, she still felt a chilling sensation penetrating through her bones.

He let out a low laugh from behind, "Are you afraid?"

Li Qinghe turned over and hugged his waist, "Did you know about the drought this year?"

"It's been too long, I couldn’t remember." Zhou Chengkang said with a sigh, "I didn’t pay much attention to the affairs in the village. When I found out that my mother is having a hard time, I gave her some things. In fact, in the next few decades, such a catastrophe that could kill people had never happened."