48

The family of two got up for breakfast. There was a lot of leftover food in the kitchen from yesterday. As soon as Zhou Chengkang saw this, he smiled and said, "You go rest, I'll do it."

When it came to cooking, Li Qinghe suddenly remembered that Zhou Chengkang told her he would cook after they were married, so she wasn't polite and turned around to go back to her room.

Zhou Chengkang heated the food and brought it back to the bedroom, and everyone in the house saw it.

Li Qinghe teasingly said, "Who said they would cook for me every day?" looking at the food on the table.

"I said." Zhou Chengkang handed her a steamed bun and smiled, "I'm sorry, I broke my promise. I will do my best to make it up for you in the future."

It was rare to find men who were willing to enter the kitchen. Although Li Fu loved Mrs. Qian wholeheartedly, he did not specifically request that she rest and he’d cook for her. He would at most help her light the fire.

Not to mention other families.

"A man who cooks for his wife and waits on her. What good luck!" In the yard, a bitter tone sounded. It was Zhang Haiyao, who took the quilt out to sun-dry.

The couple looked at each other, Zhou Chengkang said in a low voice, "Don't pay attention to her, she's jealous. My third brother isn't as diligent as I am."

Li Qinghe didn't really care. She was living her life as it was. If anyone wanted to talk about it, they could just talk about it.

As soon as they had eaten, they went to feed the fish in the pond. Since the two of them have been quite busy in the past six months, they do not see each other often.

After eating, they went straight to the pond to feed the fish. Over the past months, they didn’t get to properly clean the barn and feed the fish. Of the dozens of chickens they bought earlier, only half remained. They’ve started laying eggs recently.

Whenever they were busy, they did not feed the chickens. Instead, they let them find food on their own in the wasteland. Sometimes Li Qinghe fed them with fish feed. They didn't care much for them, except for when they were chicks.

Zhou Chengkang thoughtfully looked at the egg in his hand and said, "When we move here later, we will give it a shot."

When the two had finished feeding the chickens, they cleaned up the new house and went around. With every passing moment, the two became happier. The two looked forward to moving over to their new home.

As soon as they got home, it was supposed to be time to make lunch, but they had brunch already. They arrived just in time to see Mrs. Zhou carrying a hoe to the backyard to plant vegetables. Zhou Chengkang whispered to her and went to help his mother.

For the past few weeks, Li Qinghe needed to prepare meals for dozens of people every day. Not only did she pluck vegetables from her vegetable plot, but also Mrs. Zhou's and Eldest Brother Zhou's as well. She even went to Li Fu's house to pick vegetables.

As Li Qinghe thought about Li Fu, she remembered the buns in the kitchen. There were still dozens of them, and they couldn't eat them all. After sharing some with each family, there were about 20 left. She took the basin to fill some and then sent them back to the Li family.

The sun was high in the sky and no one was in the yard at that time. When Li Qinghe opened the door, she saw Li Fu snoozing in the shadow of the house. Mrs. Qian was nowhere in sight. Putting the bun into the kitchen, she went to Li Fu, but when she walked over, she found someone in the house.

It was Mrs. Qian and Zhao Wanwan, mother and daughter. These two had a very close relationship. On the day of the Dragon Boat Festival, Zhao Wanwan met her mother. It was fair to say that Zhao Wanwan was also very busy as a restaurant helper. She had to go to work every day unless she was unable to get out of bed. Li Qinghe had done this before and hadn't taken leave for two years, and she felt normal after not seeing her in a long time.