99

After drinking the medicine, Zhao Xiaotao's complexion improved a bit, but she was still pale. Dr. Huang looked at Zhao Dashan and with a serious tone, said, "Although I was able to save your sister this time... I'm afraid she won't be able to survive longer. It's best to prepare for the funeral."

Zhao Dashan burst into tears immediately. Liu Linhua patted his back to comfort him and said, "It's not your fault."

Dr. Huang retreated to the side of the medicine cabinet. Zhou Chengkang also felt embarrassed to stand there. So he too followed Dr. Huang to the side.

After Dr. Huang gave them the medicines, Zhou Chengkang took everyone back to the village. He took Zhao Dashan and his family directly to their house.

"This quilt…" The quilt fell while Zhao Xiaotao was moving around. Holding the quilt in her hands, Linhua apologized and said, "Sister, I'll give it back to you after I wash it."

"It's alright," said Li Qinghe, as she took the quilt and went back to her house.

If Zhao Xiaotao really can't make it through the night, then Liu Linhua will be very busy.

The next morning, the sun was shining bright when their door was knocked again. There was a similar sound to yesterday's knock. Zhou Chengkang went to open the door. This time it was Liu Linhua. She cried, "Brother-in-law, can you please take us to the town again…"

It was quite late in the night when they returned so he hadn't the time to take care of the carriage yet. It was still set up and can be used right away. They boarded the carriage and hurried to Zhao's house. It was not appropriate for Zhou Chengkang to go inside so he waited outside. Li Qinghe followed Liu Linhua inside the house. At first glance, she could see the girl's thin face and sunken cheeks. Her face was flushing red and she was smiling slightly. She was talking to her brother in a low voice. When she saw the two of them entering the door, her smile deepened, " Brother, you are lucky to marry sister-in-law. I am relieved… that you have her to accompany you in the future."

"Sister-in-law… you will be fine!" Liu Linhua nodded her head repeatedly as she said, " Don't worry, you will be fine."

Zhao Xiaotao smiled weakly and her eyes turned to Li Qinghe, "You are a good person, I often… hear my brother and sister-in-law talking about you. Thank you for the quilt…it was very soft and warm." She looked out at the window and said, "Actually, it's quite good now. My body is always in pain… It's even difficult to breathe. I have long wanted to go… It's torture for my brother and myself."

Her eyes suddenly brightened as she said, "Father..."

Then she tilted her head slightly, the smile on the corner of her lips hadn't faded, and she slowly closed her eyes.

She had passed away. Zhao Dashan's sorrowful cry rang out instantly in the room. He lay beside the bed and held his sister's hand. He started sobbing and became completely grief-stricken.

Zhao Xiaotao was gone. The villagers didn't pay much attention to the funerals of young people, so compared to the other family's funerals there were not many people present at Zhao Xiaotao's funeral.

Li Qinghe stayed with them to help with everything. She felt pity for the little girl. She had been sick and in pain for so long but she didn't develop any resentment due to her situation. She was optimistic and knew how to be grateful for the people who helped her, which was a very rare attitude. If she was a healthy girl, she would have been an ideal girl.

It could be seen that Zhao Dashan and his sister had a very good and deep relationship. After the funeral, he fell ill.

In the blink of an eye, it was mid-october. It was raining one day after another. In the late autumn season, the rain made the weather chilly marking the beginning of the winter season. It was cold outside and it was impossible to work.