80

Sensing that he couldn't hide it anymore, Zhou Chengkang sighed and helped her into the house, "I was told that it's going to be like this. I haven't visited the town to see mother-in-law, so I don't know if she's leaving or not."

In their previous life, such a thing didn’t happen which implied that there was no absolute in the matter. Even if they revived their lives again, it wasn't necessary that everything would go according to their previous life. She also didn't think that Zhao Wanwan would go to her father.

"If she wants to leave, she should have come and told me, right?" Li Qinghe asked in a sad voice.

After asking, she thought communication might have been highly impossible because of the recent harsh weather that even made going outside difficult.

"I will always stay with you." He replied.

When the two entered the room, Li Qinghe remembered something and asked, "Would you like to go and visit your third brother?"

"No." Zhou Chengkang shook his head, "He can handle it himself."

Since he refused, Li Qinghe did not no persuade him any longer. She picked up the needle and thread to make cloth diapers. She made a few sets already, but Mrs. Zhou said she would need more sets as the baby was due to be born in winter and clothes would not dry quickly after use.

So, these days she has been struggling to finish making the diapers soon.

Mrs. Zhou returned late at night, with a very exhausted face, "She didn’t leave yet, but I can tell that there will be a lot of fights after the family leaves. If she leaves, the child will have no mother and if she stays, she will probably live in regret. Those two are still quarreling."

She sighed, "I'm going to rest."

It rained every day this autumn and it never stopped which made it impossible to chop the firewood. Some people went to the mountains to chop the firewood in light rain as they didn't have any left at home. Because of this, there were quite a lot of people in the village who suffered from the cold winds. Every three days someone would demand to bring a doctor, even if the doctor didn’t live in the village. Many people came to Zhou Chengkang to ask him to go to the town to bring the doctor.

When Zhou Chengkang went to the county last time, he brought a lot of things that they needed, and now when he helped the villagers to bring back the doctor, he bought some things along the way too.

This time when he returned from the town, he didn't bring any ‘things’ but rather, Mrs. Xu.

Mrs. Xu had a blank expression. After greeting Mrs. Zhou she walked around the courtyard.

Mrs. Zhou went to the kitchen to cook. Mrs. Xu looked over the kitchen and then patted Li Qinghe's belly, "How have you been feeling recently? Have you been wronged by anyone?"

"I'm fine, and there's nothing to worry about." When Mrs. Xu came over, Li Qinghe was very happy, "Mother, why did you come in such a harsh weather?"

Mrs. Xu tapped her nose, "Don't you already know the reason? Your third sister-in-law has been having a few disagreements, and I don't believe you don't know about this matter. The two brothers of the Zhang family are going to move back to the county town. After all, the family’s main land is situated there."

Li Qinghe smiled, "Then, do you also want to leave?"

Mrs. Xu looked at her, "Do you want me to leave? Or do you want me to stay?"

If her opinion was countable, then she would like her mother to stay here. Even if her mother lived in another region and they didn't meet each other often, she would feel very nostalgic thinking about it. But she couldn't be selfish, "Mother, you can live wherever you think is better."