67

So the two really didn't care.

Initially, it was obvious from Li Fu's appearance that he wanted to teach them a lesson. The food wasn't even hot, and everyone ate on the ground. Li Qinghe didn't want to suffer. Besides, she didn’t think anything was wrong with letting them go to work.

When one was born in a village, one could not even imagine escaping from work. Hu Yanxi, who had been living here for so long, was completely dependent on Li Fu for food and drink. It was time for him to leave the courtyard, stop sitting leisurely, and do some work.

The following day, Li Fu's family went to the field again. After thinking about it, Li Qinghe carried a big kettle of tea to them when it was almost noon. Otherwise, there would be no tea in the field, so somebody would have to go home to get it, and maybe they would never return to the field again. As for the others, she had no idea, but Mrs. Qian could do such a thing.

The time she arrived, Mrs. Qian happened to be carrying the empty tea kettle back and was planning on going home. "No need, Aunt Qian, I brought you tea."

Mrs. Qian glared at her, but Li Qinghe ignored her. "Dad, drink tea."

Everyone came over to drink tea. Hu Yanxi wore a patched shirt, his hands covered in blood blisters, and the hand holding the teacup was shaking, a far cry from his past appearance as a gentleman. Zhao Wanwan looked at him with pity. "Yanxi, go back. If your hand is injured, how will you write?"

Li Fu glanced at him, and his gaze was filled with disapproval as he said, "It’ll be fine in two days. It’s only a blood blister, it’s not that the hand is broken, and you’ll be able to write when you recover. It’s only after suffering hardships that you’ll become a human being1. I am doing this all for your good, Yanxi, and you’ll be grateful to me in the future."

After hearing that, Hu Yanxi forced himself to smile and thank him. "Thank you, father."

If they tore down their faces completely, then Li Fu would not let him live.

Zhao Wanwan was very surprised by her father, but she couldn't say anything to counter it. When she got back yesterday, she found that Li Fu had placed all the food and meat in a cupboard, so if she wanted to cook she had to ask him for food first.

Cooked meals were brought out into the field every morning, and with such a situation, there was a real possibility that Hu Yanxi wouldn’t have food to eat if he didn’t work.

Mrs. Qian frowned. "Maybe I should go back, cook some medicinal soup, and bring it here to relieve the heat. If Yanxi falls ill, it will be even more expensive."

"Are you sure you want to go back?" Li Fu looked at her with deep eyes. "There are some things I don't say, but that doesn't mean I don't know. You should know what you have done these days."

Being reprimanded by him in front of several juniors, Mrs. Qian felt ashamed. "What did I do? Please clarify."

Li Qinghe smiled. "How could you be so busy with the fall harvest and not do anything?"

Mr. Qian glared at her, her face turning red. "I ask why you are acting like this. It turns out that someone said something in front of you."

The more she talked, the more she felt that she was reasonable. "Qinghe, you know the reason, don't you?"

Li Qinghe was not annoyed and smiled. "Just now, Yan'er told me that she was going to the town today."

Mrs. Qian's eyes moved slightly and her expression was a little unnatural. "My stomach isn’t feeling well, I have to go back."

After she finished speaking, she bent over, clutching her stomach, and was about to run away.

As Li Fu grabbed her, he said, "You aren’t done yet, are you? I have one question for you; will you continue to get involved in the Qian family's affairs, or do you want to live a normal life?"