115

The Yang family and the Xu family didn't come to the funeral. It was as if they had decided it together, to not attend. The person searched for them around the yard, but couldn't find them. In the end, he quickly went to the Yang family.

But he came back in less than half an hour, "Qingsong, the Yang family said that they can't control these people. They say if you really don't want to feed them, just don't put food in front of them."

Li Qingsong walked under the eaves of the house and frowned. Because he didn't tell anyone to, no one served food to those people on their table. After waiting so long, the workers were getting impatient and were banging the table, demanding for food.

"What's the matter with this family? Do they think we won't help them carry the coffin later when it's time?" One worker barked impatiently.

No one could carry the coffin. In order to carry the coffin, the person has to be a junior of the deceased, and Li Qingsong himself had to invite them one by one. In the end, he will also need to give a thank-you gift to the juniors that helped in carrying the coffin, such as a packet of snacks and peanuts.

They would take the coffin and go up the mountain in a while. Also, the mourners had been invited already. Why would they need these strangers now?

Seeing that group of workers shouting more and more loudly, Li Qingsong gritted his teeth and said frustratedly, "Serve them food."

"Yang family! When this matter is over, I will seek an explanation from them."

In fact, all the families in the village, whether it was a happy event or a funeral, would come to the host's house and were sincerely willing to help, even if the two families usually had some disagreements. As long as they come to the host's house, they will not purposely create any difficulty or make them uncomfortable. After all, there would always be times when everyone would need help with something from others.

It was very unkind of the Yang family to do this with them.

Though these people were said to be hired by the Yang family and were also living over there, everyone knew clearly in their hearts that these people were clearly found for them by the Xu family.

As soon as the food was served to them, they didn't bang on the table anymore and started to gobble up the served food. But only after a short pause, they started to bang again, "Give us more food!"

It was fine to add more food on the first few days of mourning meals, after all, they couldn't get enough home-cooked meals. But it was not possible today, as the food quality was better today and the quantity of the food dedicated to each table was already fixed. If they would add more then there wouldn't be enough for others.

It was about time to take the coffin up the mountain. Li Qingsong didn't care about them anymore and said, “serve them with some more food."

Whenever there was an event in the village, Li Qinghe would go to the host's family to help out, and would help out with the kitchen most of the time. When she heard that there was a need for more food, she thought about it and filled a few plates with vegetarian dishes and took them out. When she saw her cousin, who was serving the food with a disgruntled look on his face, she whispered to him, "Politely, tell them that they were late in arriving and all the meat dishes had already been finished. So they can just eat this."

The person who was serving the dishes was not stupid and instantly understood her plan. After he served the food at the workers' table, he repeated Li Qinghe's words with a smile. There were people in the village who couldn’t eat as much as they could, but they would not shout or make a fuss to get more food.