Chapter 12

Damien's POV

"what the fuck"I cursed out confused.

She sighed again as she pulled the hoodie back on. "how? how did you do that?"I asked my voice cold as ever.

"Look it's best if you don't get involved something's are best left unknown.I've gotta go." she said hopping off the desk as she moved passed me towards the direction of the door.

In one swift movement I pinned her to the wall my front pressed against her back holding her tightly in place "I'm gonna ask you again princess how did you do that?" I said clenching my jaw in anger.

Before I knew it,I was the one held to the wall with a dagger to my neck "I'm gonna say it again something's are best left alone"she said calmly as she let go of my neck once again walking to the door not bothering to stop her this time.

"what's your name?" I asked as she grabbed the door handle "Kenzie" she said curtly as she opened the door and stepped out closing the door behind her.

"Bullshit" I muttered in anger as I ran my hand through my already messy hair. I brought out my phone and dialed Lucas who picked at the second ring "come get me from the club"I said curtly not waiting for his reply I ended the call.

I walked over to my desk took a seat leaning my head on the chair as another sigh left my lips. My eyes were closed yet I couldn't get rest as many thoughts swarm through my head.

"The professor said the owner of the project created twenty agents could she be one of them maybe that explained why she was at the lab no he said all were destroyed"I said shaking off that thought.

"it can't be one of the agents he's working on cos none of them came out successful"I said dismissing that thought. "then where did she come from?".

The sound of knocking on my door snapped me out of my thoughts as the door was pushed open and Lucas walked in bowing his head.
"Good evening boss"he said.

Opening my eyes I took a glance at him before walking out of the office leaving him to follow closely behind.

Stepping out of the building I made my way over to my Cadillac Escalade parked outside the club as Lucas was by my side in no time opening the backseat door for me.I got in swiftly leaning my head on the headrest.

The door to the drivers sit opened and Lucas got in turning on the car and we were soon out of the club.

Searching through my pocket I brought out my phone and dialed a number,it rang for a few seconds before the person picked.

"Good day Mr Von I wasn't expecting to hear from you so soon"the person spoke from the other side "Good day to you too Edrin I have a few questions that may help in finding the professor" I spoke my voice void of emotion "sure go ahead"he spoke followed by the sound of shuffling." Tell me about the professor's daughter" I said heading straight to the point.

The other side was silent for a few seconds  before he spoke " he never really talked much about his family but a few things I knew about her was her name it was Nora, she was eight when her father disappeared apparently she too got sick like the mother too,but the girl went missing along with the father we don't even know whether she's still alive or dead" he said making massage my forehead to sooth the pain I was getting.

"what was her last name?" I asked."Evans" as soon as he said the name I ended the call without saying anything else.

If my hunch was right then the so called Kenzie might really be Nora Evans professor Gerald's daughter and she didn't look or act sick so my guess is she became an agent.

We soon slowed down at the gate of my mansion but none of my men were there and the house looked really quiet. " boss I think we've been ambushed again" Lucas muttered quietly from the drivers seat.

"There's no use turning back and getting back up they might as well already know we're here" I brought out my phone but was shocked to see there was still signal. During an ambush there's always a signal blocker so the person being ambushed doesn't call for help.

I opened a compartment at the backseat and brought out a gun and made sure it was fully loaded "Follow closely behind" was all I said before stepping out leaving Lucas to follow behind.

With my gun pointed firmly at my front I reached for the gate and just as I expected it was left unlocked. We walked through the large driveway for two minutes before stopping at the front door.

I twisted the knob,pushed it open and stepped into the house the first thing that greeted me was the tv playing a Netflix show but no one was watching it. Soon the smell of baking followed along and made my way to the kitchen. Entering into the kitchen I could make out a figure squatting by the oven humming a soft tone.

"your house is quite boring" the person spoke. Hearing that voice again I let out a sigh as I lowered my gun with Lucas following tow.

"You need to stop doing that"I said walking over to get water from the fridge she finally looked over to me flashing out a smile "where's the fun in that"she said before standing up to her full height.

"Well I finally found out something about you" I said watching her reaction carefully "humor me" she said glancing over at me briefly.

"I know your name" I said making her freeze for a second before regaining herself.