Chapter 52

Nora's POV

I walked out the lobby and out the hotel premises. I walked for sometime before coming up into the main road. I flagged down a taxi and got in.I stopped the taxi in front of a bookstore paid the driver and walked in.

The scent of old papers, inks mixed with coffee filled the air giving off a homely vibe. A sigh of content left my lips as I glanced at the piles of books on the shelves. This felt like home. My home.

I gave friendly wave to the Middle aged woman on the counter who returned the gesture with a friendly smile.

I walked over to the romance section and took up to five different books off the shelf. I took a seat on a couch by the window dropped the books on the table beside it and was immediately immersed in one of the books.

*
I found it a little difficult to see the words so I raised my head and sighed softly when I realized the sun had almost set.

I grabbed the books of the table and made my way to the counter. I paid for the books wished the lady goodnight and left the bookstore.

I hailed a taxi and got in with my eyes still fixed on my book. I couldn't get my eyes off it for two seconds.

I paid the taxi driver when I got down at the front of the hotel telling him to keep the change and went in.

The security immediately bowed at me with me replying with a little nod and pressed the elevator button.The elevator dinged open and I stepped in not paying attention to my surroundings.

I couldn't help but bite my lip and tighten my legs together as I read an exclusive part of the story.

"What are you reading?" I heard a voice behind me startling me.

"Nothing" I said hiding the book behind me as turned myself to face Damien.

"Doesn't seem like nothing" he said reaching behind me and taking the book.

"Hey" I said trying to reach but he kept it above his head. His eyes scanned the page I was reading and a smile appeared on his face.

"Interesting" he said turning his gaze to me but I just stared at my shoes in embarrassment. When was I ever embarrassed.

A hand was placed on my hips as my back made contact with the elevator wall.

"Do you mind if I did those things to you?" He whispered in my ear pressing his front on mine. "Fuck you till you can't walk in the morning, bend you over and spank you till your ass is red welts, bury my cock deep into your throat and callyou degrading names" he asked making me nod as he traced my jawline.

He grabbed a fistful of my ass pulling my body into his "words cupcake" he muttered placing a kiss on my neck.

"Yes I want that" I said as his free hand grazed my nipples through the material of my shirt. This is wrong but it felt so right.

The sound the the elevator door snapped me back to my senses as I lightly pushed him off and walked out of the elevator with weak knees. I couldn't bring myself to look back cos if I did I would go back and start what was about to happen.

I hurried to my penthouse door swiped my keycard over the door and it opened.  I closed the door behind me and leaned against it.

I slid down the door and into a sitting position as I ran my hands through my hair. I needed more willpower if I was going to survive without throwing myself at Damien.

I went into the kitchen made a sandwich brought out orange juice from the fridge took a seat on the stool by the counter and munched on my sandwich with my book in hand.

I dropped my plate and glass in the dishwasher before climbing under the covers and continued my reading. It was times like this i actually felt normal.

*
I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I closed the book I was reading. I glanced at my phone time which showed 11:40pm. I was tired but I didn't want to fall asleep.

I actually forgot about my nightmares cos I haven't been having those for sometime. I guess their back to remind me of the pain he caused me.

I got off the bed, pushed open the balcony doors and stepped outside.

From my penthouse balcony I had the whole view of the hotel. A sad smile graced my lips as I stared at the family and couples enjoying each other's company. I would give anything to have that.

I stayed there for sometime before going into my study to get ready for a business call I had.

*
Thank you for you cooperation sir I hope to do business with you in the future" I said with a professional smile and ended the call.

I stood up from the chair I was sitting on stretching and yawning loudly. I faced the wall length window behind my desk staring at the bustling people but my eyes zeroed on Damien who had a brunette in his arms.

He whispered something into her ear to which she replied to with a giggle and nod. He smiled brightly at her reaction and tugged her into the hotel building.

I'm not supposed to be bothered but It didn't help my broken heart which broke the more at the sight of them. He's moved on. No matter how much I denied it I loved him and I still do. At least one of us is happy I thought with a sigh and left my study.

I walked out of the study and heard the sound of something breaking from my kitchen.
I quietly tiptoed to the kitchen but relaxed when I saw William scavenging through my fridge.

"William" I screeched his name making him gasp in shock.