Chapter 71

Nora's POV
  We had everyone's attention the moment we stepped into the school building. I could see girls practically swooning over William. Too bad he was gay and taken. Well almost taken.

The same goes for me after all my silver eyes weren't normal it stood out and complemented my black hair perfectly.

"Who are they?"

"Oh my gosh the girl is so pretty"

"That guy is so cute" I heard around me and with the way William was trying to contain his smile I know he heard them too.

We stopped in front of the secretary's office knocked twice and stepped in.

"Good morning ma'am" Me and William greeted politely.

"You kids are the new students Miss Evans and Mr Wilson right?" she asked and we nodded in affirmation.

"Please have a seat" she said and we obliged.

"These are your schedules" she said handing two sheet of papers to us "I hope you guys enroll for some extra curriculum activities and have a nice day" she said and goes back to whatever she was doing on her computer.

We both got up left the classroom and stepped into the crowded hallway.

"Let's see the classes we have together" William said snatching my paper out of my hand making me pout.

"We got all the classes together except for the first period you got entrepreneurship while I got accounting" he said.

"Let's go find our locker first" I say retracing our steps before finally finding my own and sighed in relief when William said he's was the one next to mine.

William bid me goodbye and headed down the hall to find his class when the warning bell sounded.

I sighed and headed to my class already knowing where to go.

I pushed opened the door and stepped into the half empty class closing the door behind me. I looked around for a good seat and realized everyone's attention was on me with either awe or jealousy.

I took a seat by the window plugged in my earphones and looked out the window not bothering with their stares.

After sometime the teacher stepped in and started teaching. Halfway through the lesson
the door was pushed open as a group of hot guys with girls in cheerleader uniforms stepped in laughing and giggling about something before taking a seat at the row beside mine totally ignoring the teacher.

The teacher continued his teaching but the laughing and bickering a few feet away from me wasn't helping. I didn't really want to cause trouble on my first day so I just had to bear.

The bell for the end of the class sounded through the halls. The teacher rounded up the lesson and left the class.

Most students had already left for their next lesson but I remained cos William was supposed to meet me here so we could go to the next lesson together.

The students remaining were the jocks cheerleaders and a few other students. They started sneaking glances at me laughing and giggling about something but I chose to ignore them silently hoping none of them would try to talk to me.

It seemed like luck wasn't on my side cos I was approached by two twins. They were identical.

"Hello gorgeous" one of them said which I replied to with a small smile and turned my gaze to the window hopping they get the memo.

"You're new here right? I'm Alex and this is Gideon my brother" Alex introduced while Gideon gave me a huge grin.

"Nora" I say keeping my answer vague.

"So Nora do you want to hang out with us during after school" Gideon asked with eyes gleaming with mischief.

"Busy" I said grabbing my bag and headed out of the class. I walked down the hallway to see Micheal approaching.

"Hey how was your class?" I asked nudging him.

"It was cool" he said with a smile

"Hey I wanna go for the football tryouts after school could you wait for me so we could go home together?" He muttered quietly.

"Sure just give me a call when you're done I'll be around" I said as we stepped into our next class with me taking the window seat and
Micheal seating beside me.

The rest of day was quite uneventful and passed by in a blur and before I knew it I'm perched on a bench outside school waiting for William to finish.

When William finally came out he looked a little tense and he kept avoiding eye contact.

"Hey you okay didn't you make the team?" I asked on our way to the car unable to take the silence.

" oh I did. I'm just tired" he said giving me a small smile walked to the car and entered the backseat barely even sparing Lucas a glance.

Lucas looked at me with raised eyebrows but I shook my head making his brows crease with worry. After Damien's death Lucas practically became our parents not that I'm complaining.

"Mrs Von we'll need to stop by the warehouse" he said making me nod.

"Hey would you mind following us to the warehouse or you'll prefer us dropping you at the hotel" I asked William who looked deep in thought.

"I don't mind" he mumbled turning to stare out the window.

*
We pulled up in front of Mc Donald's to get dinner after finishing the work I had in the warehouse.

When Lucas parked in front of the hotel William hopped out and rushed to his condo saying he wasn't hungry and just needed some sleep.

"Mrs Von what happened to William at school today?" Lucas asked when we stepped into my private elevator.

"I don't know... he was fine throughout the day he was super pumped about trying out for football won't even shut up about it but he's whole demeanor changed when he came back" I said with a sigh as we threw worried glances at each other.

"Did something happen?" I mumbled to myself.

"He'll be fine I'm sure he'll come around" Lucas says trying to ease my worries.