Chapter 47

Damien's POV

   It has been a month since the passing of Nora. I couldn't witness it myself as I knew it would haunt me forever. But I saw when her burnt corpse was brought out of the warehouse.

    I didn't hear anything from the Russian mafia after Nora's passing it still hurts anytime I remember how she betrayed me and she deserved the death I gave her.

   I forgave and released Willow as it wasn't his fault but I still kept tabs on him.

A week after she died I moved into another mansion but it felt cold and empty so I moved back into the safe house and I was always busy so I never had the time to think about her.

...............
"Boss we got a lead on the Russian mafia" Lucas said stepping into my office.

"Tell fifty men to gear up we're leaving in an hour" I said he bowed and left.

I got off my chair strapped my gun into my waistband, kept another in my suit pocket and kept the dagger in my shoe and left the office.

I went outside to find my men already waiting. I gave them a nod to which they replied to with one of their own as a sign of them being onboard with the plan.

We got into our vehicles and drove off.

*

"Boss we are here" Lucas said after driving up to an hour we pulled up on front of a mansion with very tight security.

We went through with the plan one last time before going out. We burst in through the gate wiping out the men at the front but more came out as back up.

We shared our men into sniper A and sniper B. Sniper B stayed back with Lucas to deal with the men outside. While me and sniper A went in to find the leader.

As we came through the door gunshots rang through the air as we dugged behind the wall for cover.

"Cover me" I said to two of my men and went up stairs. I opened door to door checking for Antonio along with willow and one of my men.

I finally came across his study to see Antonio the leader sitting on his office chair with a huge smirk.

"Game over" I said aiming my gun at him making him chuckle.

"Not it's not" he said that's when I heard a shot behind me I turned around with my gun to see that willow shot one of my men and aimed the gun at me with a smirk on his face making my jaw clench.

I felt a cold substance being placed on my head. When I turned around I saw Antonio aiming his gun at me.

"It was quite easy to get to you really" he said chuckling to himself.

"I would have killed you a dozen times but your  wife kept getting in the way" he said making me freeze.

"That's right your sweetheart wasn't working with us. It was quite easy to turn you against her . Such a shame a beauty such like her had to go. She needed to be out of the picture so I could get to you and here we are" he said laughing maniacally along with Willow but I wasn't paying attention to anything they were saying.

All I could think about was the way she looked at me with hurt and betrayal when I broke her toe.

I killed Nora. Nora was innocent and I killed her. I killed the love of my life.