Chapter 32

Nora's POV
  I grabbed my phone,some cash and bike keys and I was good to go.

I pulled up in front of Smith house, shifted the pot and unlocked the door.

I walked in to see Smith watching Ginny and Georgia on Netflix laughing his ass off.

I walked over to him and flopped down on the couch but he seemed not to have noticed me yet.

So I dipped my hand into his bowl of popcorn and finally got his attention.

"Hey" he said giving me a smile

"Hi" I said returning his smile

"You wanted to see me?" I asked turning my attention on to the tv

A card was placed on my lap. "It's a pass for professor Edrins lab" he said as I stared at my ID card.

"I got info from the inside he's started the whole agent thing again and this time Edrins sure it's gonna work, from tomorrow you're gonna be one of the assistants find out what you can and get out of there" he said to which i replied to with a nod.

I stayed for sometime watched some movies, ordered Chinese and joked around.

By the time I glanced at the time it was already 6:00pm. I quickly bid Smith goodbye and headed home.

I drove into the house and noticed Damien's car in the garage signifying he was back.

I excitedly climbed the stairs of the front porch and pushed the open but froze at the sight before me. Damien sitting in the living room with a girl I've never seen before on her knees in front of him.

"Hey" Damien said with a smile I just gave him a forced smile as a reply.

"I want to introduce you to someone?" He said waving me over. I sighed internally and came to him.

"This is Brianna my childhood friend, Brianna this is my wife Nora" he said with a smile as the girl stood up.

"Nice to meet you" Brianna said stretching her hands out for a handshake and giving me a smile which was clearly fake.

"Hmm" I replied to her not bothering to accept it making her drop the hand awkwardly.

"Do you have it?" I asked him referring to the laptop.

"Yeah it's in your office" he said glancing up the stairs. I didn't bother to reply him and went upstairs.

I walked up the stairs and into my office and true to his word my dads laptop was sitting on the table.

I turned on the laptop and was able to log in and access my dads files.

The files on the laptop and hard drive was everything you needed to know and need to create the perfect agent but it wasn't detailed.

I looked through the laptop for anything else but found nothing making me sigh I placed the laptop in the safe and went out of the office.

I walked through the corridor but stopped as I stared at Damien and Brianna lying on top of each other on the couch in the living room. A sad smile made its way to my face as I stared at them.

I walked over to my room kicked off my shoes and stepped into the shower. I couldn't believe I let myself trust him.

How could I be so stupid? after all we were just married for show I thought as I slid down the shower wall and sat on the ground staring at the the ground mindlessly.

And just as if I flipped a switch my eyes were back to being empty and void like it used to. I turned off the little feelings I have. I crushed the fondness I was getting of him.

I walked out of the room changed into my pajamas and slept off.

I woke up my 5:00am the next morning and did my workouts.

when I was done it took a shower got dressed in a black turtled neck crop top and white suit pants fixed on my heels curled my hair and applied lip gloss and mascara.

I grabbed my black leather handbag kept my phone,some cash, car key, the ID card and I was good to go.

I walked down the stairs to see Brianna and Damien having breakfast with Brianna in my seat.

But staring at them now didn't hurt like it did yesterday.

"Aren't you having breakfast?" Damien asked as i made my way to the front door.

"No" I said keeping my answer short and walked out.

I got into the car and drove off.

I pulled up in front of the lab and just like I remembered the place was packed with security. My card was checked first before I was let through the main gate. I came down made sure I locked the car and stepped in.

I saw a girl who looked to be a little older than me in a lab coat and walked up to her.

"Hi I'm new here I'm supposed to be a lab assistant but I don't know where to go" I said giving her a small smile to which she replied to with a wide grin.

"Hi I'm Mia and you are gonna be my lab assistant it's nice to meet you..."she asked waiting for my to complete it.

"Kenzie" I said with a smile

It's nice to meet you Kenzie right this way I'm gonna show you around a little before we get into business you okay with that?" she asked already walking passed a set of double door and stepped into a huge well lit hallway.

"Yeah" I mumbled paying closely attention to everything she said.

We went around the building but what caught my attention was the prohibited section for unauthorized persons. I knew that's where the creation of agents where happening because I was brought there that night and of course my intuition.

"Are we going there?"I asked pointing at the prohibited section

"Yeah but we aren't working just going there to observe and take notes" she said as she swiped her card making the door beep and we stepped through.

We walked into the operation theatre and took a seat along with other scientists.

The first person was brought in and injected. But instead of convulsing the person laid still for a few minutes. He's eyes suddenly snapped open but instead of his normal eye color or silver like mine his was red.

He broke off the chain binding him and violently threw one of the scientists to the corner of the room like he weighed nothing.While he held another run a choke hold.

The place turned into an uproar as people ran for shelter as the security tried to hold him down, while scientists tried to sedate him making me chuckle.

A part of me wanted to help them but with the risk of exposing myself I decided against it. Besides I was kind of enjoying the show.