Chapter 25

Nora's POV
    I walked over to my mum's old dresser. I pulled open the drawers and cabinets which were filled with makeups and perfumes that had probably expired.

I opened the last one and noticed an old black notebook lying there. I flipped through the pages.

A smile graced my lips as I stared at my mum's dairy. She wrote down every bit of my life from day one till she died with my cute little pictures glued at the end of every page she wrote.

I went over to the closet we had for our coats up the stairs and took a box from inside. I dumped my fathers, files,journals and laptop in followed by my mum's diary.

I closed the safe and arranged the bed back grabbed the box and went downstairs. I removed our family photos from the walls and also kept them in the box.

I stopped at the front door and gazed at the house that was once filled with liveliness and joy. I walked out kept the box in the passengers seat and drove home.

I pulled up at the front of the mansion grabbed the box and walked in.

I walked up the stairs and into the room walking in on Damien pulling a sweatshirt over his head. "I need an office" I said dropping the box on the dresser.

"what's in the box?" He asked tilting his head in curiosity "your dick now stop changing the subject" I said making him sigh.

"I don't think you need an office" he said dismissively "well I need my space to work so I either get an office or my own room" I said not willing to back down making him groan in frustration.

"Damn woman can't you just be submissive for once?" he asked wanting to say something else but shut up when he say the look I gave him.

"Fine you can take my old office, it's the last door down the hall" he said after cursing me out.

"See was that so hard" I asked teasingly but didn't give him a chance to reply as I was already out the door with the box in hand.

I walked down the hall stopped at the last door according to his description and pushed the door open.

I stepped in taking in the condition of the room. The office was quite big, the couches at the center of the room were covered with white cloth along with the tables, desk and the chairs behind and opposite the desk.

I placed the box on the empty desk and walked over to the side of the room where it contained shells of books I'm sure Damien didn't bother to read.

I ran my hand through the dusty books blowing off the dusts on my finger tips. "The room needs work" I muttered.

I strolled out of the room and came back with cleaning essentials. I took off my hoodie leaving me in only my sports bra pulled my hair into a messy bun and got to work.

Somewhere between the line of cleaning Damien came to assist he helped me clear out the books on the shelves and cleaned the shelves and tables.

By the time we were done I was beyond exhausted and hungry.

I turned around to thank Damien but froze when I saw him. I couldn't help but stare at his six packs  and chest wanting nothing more than to run my hands on them.

"Like what you see" he said with a teasing smirk. I snapped out of my daze and glared at him earning a chuckle from him.

"I wanted to thank you for your help but you know what fuck you" I said stomping out of the office and into the bedroom.

I ducked under the bed pulled out the briefcase and headed back to the office.

I was quite surprised I didn't see Damien in the office when I got back but shrugged it off. maybe he had work I thought.

I set my laptop on the table clipped the guns in the briefcase under the table and kept my Dad's journals, flash drives and laptop in a safe.

I landed on the chair with a plump as a sigh left my lips tiredly. I closed my eyes for a few minutes and when I opened them they immediately landed on my mum's journal.

I picked up the book and read it from the beginning. I couldn't help the sad smile that glistened my face as tears ran down my cheeks.

She was dying, she was weak yet she still played with me, took care of me, put up with my tantrums and always had a smile on her face.

"I'm sorry" I muttered " I'm sorry I wasn't there for you" I said as more tears ran down my face.

I couldn't go further I slammed the book shut and dropped it on the table the sound of something falling rang through my ears.I looked at my lap and realized a necklace fell out of the book.

The necklace was a heart shaped locket it read Isabella and Gerald at the front with my name at the back.

Tears blurred my vision as I stared at the Locket. When I opened it I saw a picture of both my parents at one side and a picture of all of us together at the other.

Now I see why she never took it off I thought with a sad smile. I clipped the necklace on my neck.

Memories of my childhood played through my head as I absentmindedly played with the Necklace on my neck.

I snapped out of my daze when I remembered the portraits I had in the box. I brought them out cleaned each properly and hanged them on the wall.

I thought about going through my fathers journals first but I was already tired so I decided to do it tomorrow.

I got off the chair out the office and went down for dinner.