Chapter 20

Nora's POV
My eyes fluttered open as I gazed around the dark room wondering what was the time.

It was still dark outside. I reached for my phone on the bedside table but froze mid way as the arm I didn't notice tightened around me tugging me closer to him making me stiffen.

I tried moving again but this time ended up with my back pressed on the bed with Damien's head on my stomach as a pillow lying with his back facing up and arms wrapped securely around me.

I couldn't help the sigh that escaped my lips as I tried reaching for the nightstand but still couldn't move.

Left with no other option I just laid still staring at the ceiling lost in my own thoughts as I waited for him to wake up.

After what felt like forever he moved slightly. He yawned and stretched on me while I just held back my glare. He rubbed his eyes trying to rub away his grogginess.

His eyes soon landed on my tummy as he traced it all the way up to my face a smirk appeared on his face as all I wanted to do was just slap it off.

"Get off me" I said with a sharp tone.

"Good morning to you too"he said with a chuckle making me glare at him. "fine"he said getting off me.I reached for my phone and checked the time.

I hopped off the bed, walked over to the closet and went into the bathroom to change into a pair of gym shorts and bra top before placing my hair in a ponytail.

Stepping into the bedroom I threw a brief glance at Damien making a phone call with his back turned me before  I walked out, found my way into the gym and immediately started my workout

Twenty minutes into the workout Damien joined in but didn't initiate small talk as we went through our workout quietly.

My phone alarm soon blared through the quiet gym signaling the end of my workout. I came of the treadmill draped a towel around my neck and strolled out of the gym.

Going down the stairs and into the kitchen I was greeted with a few of his men who either muttered a good morning or gave me a nod.

Opening the cabinet I brought out a blender, shuffled through the other cabinets and brought out some ingredients. I threw them into the blender and made it into a smoothie.

I turned it into a glass and took a seat at one of the chairs at the dining.

Right when I was about to take a sip it got snatched from my hand making me glare at Damien who took a huge gulp out of my smoothie and crunched his face in distaste

"This just taste wrong" he said making a gagging sound as he handed me back my smoothie.

"Serves you right" I muttered as he left heading for the kitchen probably going to take something sweet.

I'll be honest my smoothie tasted like shit but I was used to it I drank it every morning for 10 years it's basically my morning coffee. Don't judge.

Mr grumpy soon came out of the kitchen shooting me a disgusted look when he noticed the almost empty cup of smoothie next to me  to which I replied to with a shrug.

He humphed dryly taking a sip of his coffee and headed upstairs. So dramatic I thought as I rolled my eyes.

Chugging down the remaining smoothie I strolled into the kitchen and saw a middle aged woman chopping onion while humming a soft tone.

"Hi" I waved awkwardly when she caught me staring.

" you must the Damien's wife oh my gosh you're so pretty" she said giving me a hug I just awkwardly patted her back.

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked tossing my cup into the sink.

"oh no dearie I can manage on my own go freshen up and come down for breakfast" she said waving me off.

The statement of hers made me remember I haven't taken a shower that morning and was still in my sweaty gym clothes.

.....
I went into the bathroom took a shower wrapped a towel around and came out. I went into the walk in closet threw on a hoodie and a pair of booty shorts,tied my hair into a messy bun and went downstairs for breakfast.

Walking into the dining room I was greeted by Damien seated at the head of the table munching away.

I took a seat next to him not thinking much of it as I was immediately served by the lady cooking earlier in the kitchen. I suddenly remembered I didn't ask for her name so I made a mental note to do so later.

Once she was done I muttered a thanks to her and digged in.

Halfway through my breakfast I could feel Damien's gaze burning a hole in my head.

"Do you need anything?" I asked when I couldn't take it anymore.

"Get ready by seven we'll be going out" he said shifting uncomfortably on his seat.

"Where exactly are we going?" I inquired.

"For dinner at my parents house, they're in town" he said avoiding my gaze.

"Hmm" I replied not pushing further as I was already aware of his relationship with his family.

"I'll come pick you up my seven,take care" he said standing up from his chair placing  a kiss on my forehead.

I couldn't help but crunch my face in disgust for his little display of affection making him chuckle "be good" he said sternly.

I just muttered a whatever as a reply as he left through the front door with Lucas following closely behind.

Not really feeling like staying home today I finished up my breakfast went upstairs exchanged the hoodie and booty shorts for a short flared black open back gown paired with heels, applied some lipgloss left my black hair to fall and I was good to go.

I walked into the closet took out a black purse my phone and car keys, but before leaving I took one of his credit cards as well.

" I'm sure he wouldn't mind" I thought with a smile.