Chapter 42

Nora's POV

Damien's phone rang through the silent car he looked down to check the caller ID but I screamed making Damien smash on the breaks. A car came out of nowhere and blocked the road.

Damien tried reversing but the other car came and blocked the road trapping us in the middle.

The car in front of us door opened and five men came out with guns while three came from the one behind us.

"Shit" Damien cursed staring at the men approaching the car.

"Stay here" I said and stepped out slamming the door behind me not waiting for his reply.

"Well hello princess aren't you a beauty" one said coming close to me but kept a little distance.

"Where's your pookie ?" He said earning laughs from his little buddies.

"Oh he's taking a nap I'm pretty sure I can handle you and your friends" I said earning a chuckle from the guy as he stepped closer leaving very little distance between us.

He stretched out his hands and touched my cheek. wrong mistake. I grabbed the dagger off my waistband and stabbed him in the neck and removed it.

Blood splattered off the wound on his neck and from his mouth. He pressed his hand on the wound trying to apply pressure as he fell on his knees dying a slow and painful death.

"No one fucking touches me" I said through gritted teeth. "Who next?" I said with a slight smirk.

" I'm gonna kill you whore" one said charging towards me making me chuckle. I knew they weren't going to kill as they didn't shoot immediately they needed us alive.

But I wasn't taking my chances as they could still shoot us and I didn't want Damien getting hurt. Yes call me a whimp.

The other one charged towards me and I stabbed his side removed the knife and kicked him off.

The others stood stunned but quickly recovered and attacked once.

"No fair" I muttered.

I removed the gun from waist band shot the rest either in the head or on the chest.

I sigh left my lips as I stared at the dead bodies littered everywhere I walked to both their cars checking if there was anyone in and it was clear.

The car door opened and Damien came out with a huge scowl on his face glaring at me.

"What?" I asked innocently

"You are seriously asking me that right now. I can't believe this Nora you could have gotten seriously hurt" he shouted his face red with anger.

"You're exaggerating I'm perfectly fine see" I said rolling my eyes at him and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me" he said grabbing my hand and tucking me closer to him.

I gasped and immediately shielded his body with mine just in time as a gunshot rang through the air.

Another gunshot rang through the air this time closer. I saw myself falling but was caught as Damien gathered me in his arms murmuring something's to me but I couldn't hear because of the ringing in my ear.

I coughed as blood spluttered from my mouth making me gaze down at my body I was shot in the chest.

"Fuck, Nora you're gonna be alright focus on me" I heard finally hearing again.

I gasp escaped my lips when I tried speaking.

"You have to get the bullet out" I muttered to him if he doesn't get it out within the next five minutes I'm gonna die.

"Fuck" he muttered and dipped his finger into the wound on my chest making me whimper as I bit down on my lip.

"Fuck I'm sorry I'm sorry" he continued to chant as he searched for the bullet.

I could practically feel my life slipping I could feel the darkness taking over calling out for me but I resisted.

When I was finally giving in he pulled out the bullet making me gasp in relief as I could feel myself healing.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths and opened my eyes with a sigh. That was close.

I could feel Damien's gaze on me when I turned to face him he looked away.

"Com'n let's head back" he said pulling me up and heading towards the car.

Throughout the car ride I could feel his gaze on me but anytime I turned he looked away so I just kept my gaze out the window.

When we got back to the safe house Damien got out of the car immediately. He opened the trunk brought out my things went inside and up the stairs leaving the rest for his men to carry.

I got out made my way upstairs and into the room. When Damien saw me step into the room he walked around me and left the room banging the door loudly behind him. What's his problem.

I went to take a shower changed into my pajama and got under the covers. I tried waiting for Damien for God knew how long before I dozed off.

I woke up the next morning to find his side of the bed empty he didn't come back last night. I sighed changed into some workout clothes and headed to the gym but he wasn't there.

when I asked around they all said he went out with Lucas and a few of his trusted men.

A part of me was kind of down because he didn't tell me. What happened to us sharing our problems.

I spent half of my day in the gym and only left when I was told Damien had returned. I went up the stairs and into our room to see him pulling a shirt over his head. When he noticed me in the room he made his way around me and was about to leave but I grabbed his forearm stopping him.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked quietly.

" what do you think" he said through gritted teeth.

"Then let's talk about it I don't even see the reason why you're so mad" I muttered without thinking.

"You don't see the reason why I'm mad For fucks sake Nora you almost died" he shouted at me shutting me up instantly.