Chapter 90

Nora's POV

As soon as the buzzer sounded, two guards dressed in the same uniforms came over and took our place. We gave them both a firm nod and headed inside.
    We stepped into the bulding and took the stairs.

"It's time" I said stretching my hand out. Damien dropped a bomb on my hand. I skillfully hid it where no one could easily notice.

We headed up hiding two bombs at every floor we passed until we reached the top floor where the restricted area was.

I looked around us making sure the cost was clear swiped the ID card over the intercom and the door opened with a beep.

"Let's check if there are others" Damien said and I replied with a nod. We slowly opened all the doors but found them empty so we strapped some bombs in them before going to find Edrin.

We walked for sometime checking doors one by one as we passed them until one of the double doors were pushed open from the inside and a few people in lab uniforms came out muttering and whispering to themselves as they passed us.

"That experiment was a huge flop there's no way it's gonna work" I picked up from their conversations. My sources were right he wants to reopen the operation.

We walked passed the place and waited for all the scientist to clear so we wouldn't look suspicious. Once we were sure there was none around we headed back to the room.

"Wait" Damien said holding my forearm when we reached the door. I raised a brow at him. Don't tell me he's chickening out.

"I love you no matter what" he said pulling me in for a kiss.

"I love you too" I said once we seperated. His eyes wrinkled showing he was smiling.

I smiled back brought out my gun. I turned to Damien to find him doing the same thing.

He gave me a nod signifying he was ready. I stood in front pushed the door open and stepped in.

I didn't look around the room cos as I stepped in my eyes zeroed on Edrin sitting at the head of the table.

"Finally you two arrived. Lock her in room 254" he said not even sparing us a glance as he waved us off.

We rounded off the corner and approached but noticed the young girl around the age of ten lying unconscious.

Damien understanding what he needed to do walked ahead of me and carried the girl off the floor in bridal style.

I clicked off my guns safety and pointed the weapon at the side of his head.

He looked shocked and confused until I peeled the mask off my face.

"You" he seethed glaring at me.

"I warned you Edrin but you didn't listen" i taunted. "The only way to stop this is through the main power which is you".

"So what? you're not gonna do anything about it. you're just a scared little girl who hides behind people just like how you chickened on your father that day" he said with a menacing smile.

"I did not chicken out on him" I stated calmly

"You're not gonna pull the trigger" he said turning the chair around so the gun was pressed on his forehead.

"Yes I can" I said and shot his kneecap.

"Fuck" he cursed.

"You still think I can't shoot you" I said with a smile.

"How did you think I found you in the first place, your little boyfriend over there gave us everything we needed" he said shifting his gaze from me to him. I felt Damien stiffen beside me

"Baby,that was a long time ago when i was stupid" he said quietly as Edrin looked at us in amusement.

"I trust you" I said giving him a smile. He searched my eyes for any form of doubt but eased his tense muscles when he found none.

"As for you asshole, your times up, game over" I said. I could see the fear he's so desperately trying to hide.

"It would never be over, I have people everywhere they'll come for you" he seethed.

"Let them come I'll take them out like I took you out" I said and shot him between his eyes.

"Let's go" I said. We exited  the room and went down the familiar stairs we went through when we were coming.

An alarm sounded around lab as the lights turned off and the emergency red lights stripped on.

Passing the main entrance with the girl in our hands was too risky so we diverted and went through the emergency exit. We came out at the back gate with five men covering it.

"Where are you taking the girl to?" One of them asked.

"We were told to get rid of her" I said calmly maintaining eye contact with him.

"May I see your ID" he said after sometime. I dipped my hand into my pocket pulled out my gun and shot all of them between the eyes.

"Damn girl" Damien said checking me out making me blush.

"Not the time" I said throwing him a fake glare.

I checked their pockets and pulled out the key for the gate. I unlocked the gate removed the chain from around it and pushed it open.

We stepped out of the premises of the facility and headed back to the car. Once I was sure we were far enough I pulled out a controller and pressed a red button.

As soon as we passed the hazard sign a loud explosion rang through the air startling the both of us. I turned around and stared at the lab engulfed in flames.

A hand wrapped around my shoulder pulling me to its body

"It's over. you're free now" he said placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Hmm.. let's go home" I said with a smile and tugged him to the car.

"What are we gonna do about her?" I asked peering at the backseat where the unconscious girl laid.

"We'll wait for her to wake up and see if we can trace her family" he said turning on the car.

"Hmm" I nodded and looked out the window as we drove off.