Chapter 84

Damien's POV
She and Lucas shared a look before they turned their gaze back to me.Nora brought out her phone before sliding it on the table between us.

I grabbed the phone off the table and stared at it in shock. It was a picture of me and her at a grocery store. She held a pack of Oreos with a huge smile while I scowled down at her. Someone would think I look angry in the picture at first glance but I could clearly see it. The love I had for her.

"How?" I asked confused.

"You are Damien Von heist, CEO of von's interior and decor, leader of the Californian mafia, no 1 elite bachelor in California and...... my husband" she said.

I winced and suddenly grabbed my head as everything came back to me in a flash. The marriage, the ambush, killing her, Chelsea and the falling off the cliff.

I blinked back to reality and found Nora crouched in front of me staring at me in worry.

After all I put her through she still stayed, still stuck with me. I pulled her into my lap and engulfed her in a bone crushing hug.

"I remember, I remember it all, Lucas my right hand man" I said and he smiled. "My lovely wife" I said pecking her lips as tears of joy ran down her face. "And her obnoxious gay leech of a best friend" I said rolling my eyes at him making him scowl.

"I missed you"I said peppering kisses all over her face making her giggle.

"I'll treat you right this time I promise. I'll give you the world" I said cupping her face making her blush.

"Now that I'm back, there are a lot of things to catch up on" I said and Lucas nodded.

"Schedule a meeting with my mafia members and the board of directors tomorrow tell them who doesn't come gets fired" I said and he nodded rooting out his phone.

"It's good to have you back boss" he said and left.

"I don't need to go back to school now that you're back" Nora said happily making me chuckle.

"Oh you're going to school, I like seeing you in that uniform it looked sexy on you" I said making her scowl "Speaking of school why didn't the two of you go today" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Today's a holiday" she shrugged. I gave a pointed look

"We had an assignment due today and she didn't do hers" William said and Nora threw him a glare.

"Naughty girl" I said smacking her ass making her gasp.

"This calls for a celebration. I'll make lunch" William said hopping off the couch and dashing off to the kitchen.

"No no. Stay the fuck away from my kitchen. Go burn yours down" Nora screeched running after William making me chuckle.

"Lucas I'm gonna need my clothes" I said when he came back into the room.

"I've already called miss Mabel she's gonna have everything arranged and send them over". He said taking a seat beside me.

"Thank you." I said quietly making Lucas freeze in shock. Probably because me being the stuck up asshole I was before never apologized or thanked anyone even though I was wrong.

"Thank you for taking care of her, my empire everything I've ever worked for" I muttered quietly. "thank you for staying by my side even though I treated you like shit." I stared at my hands.

"I'll always be loyal to you Mr Von" he said nudging my shoulder a little making me chuckle "she's rubbing off on you" I said with a smile.

"A little" he said but got interrupted by the sound of something crashing in the kitchen followed by Nora's yelling.

"How did you survive with those two?" I asked wincing as Nora said some very colorful words.

"You have no idea" Lucas sighed followed by another crash in the kitchen.

"We should probably check on them" i said and stood up with Lucas following closely behind.

*
Let's watch a movie" Nora said smiling wildly.

"Hmm" I murmured playing with her hair. We spent the day in each other's company and it was nothing but amazing.

I opened the bedside drawer beside me brought the remote and handed it to her.

She flicked through Netflix and settled for suicide squad making me groan.

"What?" She asked

"Nothing the film seems very cliche" I said making her scowl.

"Just shut up and watch the movie" she said giving me a pointed look and pressed play.

Her gaze was fixed on the movie while mine was fixed in hers. She was beautiful in every way possible.

Halfway through the movie she feel asleep making me chuckle. I pulled her closer to me so her head was laying on my chest. I placed a kiss on her forehead turned off the movie and dozed off.

*
I opened my eyes to the sound of birds chirping and the sun peeking through the curtains.

I smiled as I stared at the beauty sleeping in my arms, cuddled her for a few more minutes before getting out of bed to get ready for the meeting I had with the members of my mafia.

*
I stopped in front of my warehouse, fifteen minutes after the meeting began. I walked in with my head held high exulting an air of arrogance and confidence around me.

I stopped in front of the door at the sound of raised voices and listened in on whatever they were saying.

"So what if Mr Von wrote her name on the will she's unfit to lead us. She's a child with no experience or training in this aspect" one of them voiced.

"I don't think any of that is a problem she has been leading us just fine these past few months"Lucas replied calmly.

"Fine, if it weren't for you following her like a lost puppy we would have gone down hill" another voiced making me scowl.