Chapter 44

Nora's POV
    "oh yeah I've already gone there but I couldn't find it do you know where it is?" he asked trying to sound respectful but I could see the disgust he had for me in his eyes. What got his panties in a twist.

"I'm sorry I don't" I said pretending to think for a while.

"That's funny cos Mr Von is rumored to always tell you anything" he said with a chuckle and pointed his gun at me.

What he said was true Damien did tell me everything and I knew exactly where he kept the flash drive but I wasn't telling him.

"Please don't hurt me I swear I don't know where it is" I said pretending to be scared. I raised both hands up as a sign of surrendering.

"Shit, might as well use you to get to him" he muttered. "Stay still princess" he said bringing out handcuffs and coming closer to me.

"Pretty weak and scared for a mafia bosses wife if you ask me" he muttered chuckling to himself but I said nothing.

Once he was close enough I grabbed the back of his head and bashed it on the door knocking him unconscious.

"Who's weak now?" I said with a chuckle.

I cuffed his hands ripped one of my dresses and used it to tie his legs. I stuffed his body in the closet locked it and waited for Damien to get back.

I felt a little hungry so I went to the kitchen to get a snack. After my little snack time. I went to lie in the lounge and played a little game on my phone.

After an hour Damien came back and took a seat near me on the couch.

"You good?" He asked staring at me.

"Peachy" I said making him chuckle

"When are we gonna get another house. I miss our space" I said putting my phone aside.

"By the end of the week, the other house I have is currently getting cleaned up when it's ready we'll move in" he staring at the ceiling while I just hummed a reply.

"I'm gonna go take a shower?" He said going up the stairs

"You coming?" He asked turning to look at me.

"Yep" I said dragging my body off the couch and up the stairs.

I jumped on the bed the moment we stepped into the room making Damien chuckle.

"Let's go for a late night drive" I said flipping so I was facing up.

"Hmm" Damien muttered and opened the closet making something fall to do ground with a loud thud.

"Uh Nora" Damien called sounding distracted.

"Yeah" I answered reading a text from Micheal saying Mia told him what happened and him asking if I was okay.

"What is willow doing tied up in my closet?" Damien asked with raised eyebrows.

I was about to ask whose willow when I suddenly remembered the guy I locked in the closet.

"Shit I forgot about that" I muttered facepalming myself.

" I saw him looking for something in our room when I asked he said you told him to bring you a flash drive, aimed a gun at me and wanted to hold me hostage" i summarized everything to him while typing a reply for Micheal.

The sound of bones breaking and gasp made me shift my attention from my phone. Damien punched they guy till he woke up. Nothing new.

"Hey not on the carpet" I whined making Damien chuckle.

"Sorry bae, I'm gonna be busy for a while you good?" he asked turning his attention.

"Yep" I said giving him a small smile.

"No worries I'll make it in time for our car ride"  He said giving me a wide grin and left the room dragging the guy like a sack of potatoes.

A part of me wanted to go and watch but I was feeling too lazy so I kicked of my shoes got under the covers and dozed off.

...........

I felt someone shake me lightly. I slowly opened my eyes to see Damien staring at me with amusement and he changed his shirt. Things must have gotten pretty messy.

"Com'n get ready let's go" he said and left.

I wore back my Jordan's, fixed my hair and some lipgloss grabbed my phone and went down.

I met Damien outside leaning on his car he opened the passengers side for me closed it, turned around and got in.

"Let's stop for ice cream" I said leaning on the car window.

"Yes ma'am" he said with a chuckle.

We drove back into LA as it was closer to us than San Diego and parked in front of an ice cream parlor.

I looked at all the amazing flavors confused on which one to get but later went for mint flavored ice cream while Damien went for vanilla and took our seats at an empty table.

"I can't believe you made me drive all the way here to like toothpaste" Damien said looking at me like I had two heads.

"Yeah you won't understand cos you're so boring, You're as plain as your ice cream"  i said making him burst into a fit of laughter.

"I'm not boring" he said his laugh turning into a scowl.

"Have you met yourself?" I asked giving him a pointed look making him shrug.

We continued with our back and forth bickering till we finished our ice cream and left.

But instead of Damien to take us back to the safe house he took us to the beach . I raised my eyebrow questionably at him when he stopped. but he just strugged.

He came out of the car with me following him. He opened the trunk took out a blanket and went to the beach. He laid it on the sandy beach and sat down.

    He tapped the spot next to him when he saw me still standing so I sat down. I couldn't help but stare at the water. It looked so enchanting and serene under the moonlight.

"Can I ask you something?" Damien said keeping his gaze at the water and I just hummed a reply.

"What's your plan after finding your father?" he asked giving me a glance before turning back to the water.