Chapter 153: A Moment of Silence

This chapter is dedicated to the victims of tragedy and terror. My prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims.

----------

"Now I have some sobering news to deliver," Arthorias lowered his head. "I'm sure some of you have noticed the graves here. These graves are of the players that have died. These grave are for those whose [Soul Points] have reached zero and are no longer with us. Let us take a moment to honor these players. If you would, a moment of silence."

Just then speakers lowered their heads, the lights dimmed and most of the players lowered their heads in response.

I lowered my head out of respect. Out of the corner of my eye I looked at Xuelian who had also bowed her head, but to my surprise she was in tears.

I wanted to say something, to ask a question, but it would be inappropriate to ask if someone she knew was engraved on one of these head stones.

I couldn't bring myself to ask partly out of respect, but also because of my own cowardice.

A minute later the lights brightened, and the speakers lifted their heads.

"Thereone other thing, beyond here is a memorial stone with the names of every playerwho has died. Please, I ask you to pay your respects."