Chapter 186: The Kailesid

The creature that had appeared before us, the [Kailesid] was classified as «mid boss», a type of «dungeon Boss» fought before the final boss in a dungeon.

In fact, this particular «mid-boss» was a reoccurring boss introduced in the base game and is found in many dungeons. Though they were relegated as an optional fight for extra rewards. There have been many different iterations of this boss each building on the foundation of the original.

Within the game's lore it is explained that the 'world tree,' [Dyaskyr], is the tree that supports life and supplies mana everywhere and has many places where it's roots touch the surface. These spots are the [hallowed wellsprings], and the guardians of these springs are the [Kailesid].

It was implied that these spirits were corrupted due to the waking of an ancient evil.

Seeing the [Kailesid] here meant that this area, maybe even the event itself was linked to the base game's story.

Without missing a beat, the spirit manifested and drove itself straight toward us with an unrelenting fury.

"Xuelian!"

"Tsubasa!"

We both called out to each other and affirmed with a nod. We knew what the other was thinking.

Divide and conquer!