Its Just Tea

Kaye's POV

I gaze upon the city below, feeling the blowing of the afternoon breeze touch me everywhere. Everything. I sigh. Relax pulsing through me, flowing.

I held a cup of vanilla tea and strawberries floating on it. It was hot, and it was just what I needed to calm myself. I sipped a little amount of it, the strength returning to my bones once more. After a late night shift, this was the therapy I needed.

I took a swallow, chewing the frais de bois with pleasure.

I was alone.

And I loved it.

Suddenly, I turn to the sound of sneakers on the white tiled rooftop, the sound of the impact of keys and the floor. My eyes widens at the person standing there.

What the heck is that person doing here?

This was mine. My territory. The only escape I had. I can't share it to anyone. I can't give it to anyone. Especially someone I didn't know.

He looks at me, stunned. But he regains his self after a second, stuffing his hands into his pockets. I look away, feeling annoyed.

I finished my tea, throwing it inside a bin by the edge of the roof. I feel his gaze.

Turning quickly, I caught his eye.

"What was that?" He asks, his tone of suspicion. Somehow, his green eyes are captivating. Something like grass mating with snow.

I shook my head at him, hiding a laugh, "It's tea."

"Oh," He replies, turning his gaze back to the view, "What were you doing up here?"

"Just looking down on the hectic life of the city," I sat on the edge, the breeze sending goosebumps on my skin through the cloth of my shirt. I always got a thing with heights...or maybe not. I get over it sometimes...sometimes not.

But then, the stubborn me feels insecure or inferior. This was my rooftop. My secret hide. I confronted him. "You," I said, "What are you doing here?"

He sighs heavily, the weight on his shoulders seemed to lift a little. "Getting away with all the things waiting down below."

"Got a problem?"

A person who can't even fix her own problem, is asking someone else's problem and telling him how to solve it.

Woah. Wow.

He stayed silent for a minute, hesitating whether he's going to say it or not. But my presence urges him.

"My father. He's some kind of matchmaker." He admits, tilting his head to one side to face me.

He's handsome.

Okay. Not much comment from me.

I stopped chasing and stalking handsome people a year ago. And this guy...is kind of tempting.

Now I'm finding myself another problem.

"Yeah?" I asked, blank for the moment while my insides were tingling to the bones. The more I stayed with him, the more I'm enthralled with his face. The more I'm enthralled with his body.

"Are you a model?" I blurted out, catching what I said a second later.

"I thought we were talking about my father?" He asks, his brow perfectly arched above his eye, "Wait, were you eyeing me?"

He stepped away, his body defensily turning. His look of suspicion evolving to the look of disgust.

Conscious much?

"My god," I mutter, "Do you possibly think that talking without looking at the person is possible? And besides you could be a maniac deceiving me."

He rolls eyes, lifting his hand out of his pocket to rub his temples. He sighs heavily again, sitting cross-legged upon the cement.

"Not talking to you, pervert." He accused.

"The nerve! You're the lunatic here!" I bite back, looking away.

He laughs. "Petty fight huh?"

I nod, laughing with him. The first laugh I ever had! I couldn't believe it.

But as always, there is a breaker of the moment. My phone rings.

I flipped it open.

He stares at it. In awe.

"What generation do you live?" He threw, now laughing at my phone.

"Shut up," I said, pressing the green answer button. "Bro?"

"Sis, can you get home early?" His voice was robotic. I blew out a breath, nodding and closed the lid.

"Are you trans?" He asked.

I forgot he was still there for my head had been preoccupied by worry.

"I'll head off first, Maniac." I hurried, dashing down the stairs.

Meanwhile...

Third person:

Chrome's mouth was wide open. He was flirting with a transgender. And that transgender took an interest in him. He shuddered, not wanting to cross paths anymore.