My Punishment

There are like a hundred of people in the park! How does he expect me to search? Look at people and stare at them?

Calling it awkward.

It's so weird staring at a guy and his girlfriend. And not just any guy. It's a playboy.

My God. I couldn't stomach looking at people and at the things people normally do.

Why am I so worried at finding this girl when my brother's somewhere I don't even want to know?

I'll just go home and continue this some other time.

"Are you thinking about going home?" I spun, startled by a voice behind me. And it felt so familiar.

I come face to face with grey eyes smiling at me.

Nathan....

"What are you doing here?" I asked as my eyes followed him as he sat beside me on the bench.

"I should be the one asking that." He corrected sitting comfortably beside me. "What are you really?"

"Human?" I said. He smiled. "No, I'm asking why are you behaving so weird."

"Oh, it's nothing." I said, looking away from his hypnotizing pupils. They could drown me any second if I look again.

"So, care for a drink?"

I looked at my toes, peeking at me. "No way, I have a job to do."

"Aww come on, is sitting a job?" He persuaded. It's a hot day and it was really tempting to drink something cold and sweet.

"Yeah, I'm looking for someone."

"You're a hopeless romantic, aren't you?"

"You could say I am." I agreed, shrugging at the statement just to keep avoiding the fact that I'm married by paper. In fact the ceremony was performed like a contract signing for a job at a high end company.

"I got hired to find this girl." I gave him a picture that I had photocopied from Chrome's original pictures.

Nathan's eyes widened in recognition.

So this guy...

"You know her?"

"Yeah," He looked away for a moment, "That's Daphne."

"Oh, she's really pretty."

"Are you a PI or something?"

"No. But someone hired me to do this."

"Oh, so how's progress?"

"First day."

He laughs, "it's getting late. Come on, I'll take you to dinner."

"No. I can't agree to that. I have to finish this job. My boss might think I'm skipping this or something."

"Please. There's a yummy fried chicken restaurant in that corner, over there." He pleaded, pointing to a corner of the park that had a tiny box-like diner with neon lights all around and a big winking chicken logo.

"No. I can't."

"You're no fun." He whined like a little boy.

"Seek your fun elsewhere," I said, smiling like a kid at him. Just then, a girl passed us by. I followed her with me gaze. 

Nope. Wrong girl.

Then, his voice suddenly perked up, "So, would you agree if I do this?"

I turned my head to look at him and his mouth crashes to my forehead.