The Final Blind date I Will Ever Have

Officially, Chrome's last POV.

My phone rings annoyingly for the hundredth time and I turned it off just the same. But the monster wasn't only bombarding me on one means, he was outside my door too, pressing the doorbell.

I hope he gets electrocuted.

Bad thing to say to my father.

I covered my ears with the pillows, burrying my head under loads of it. I was going to lose it.

No. I already had.

I grunted, getting out of bed at once. All just to stop the irritating ringing or pitchy deafening singing of the bell. I opened the door to my father, sided by body guards that sternly stood. One was so close to me, I had to push him away.

"What's with you, son?" He boomed, pushing his way into the apartment complex. I watched him enter with gritted teeth. How he claims his right to my property.

I never took my glare off him, "It's what's wrong to you father! You push me to do things I don't want to do!"

"It's for your own good son. It for everyone's good!" He rebutted but I threw the argument I shouldn't have thrown. I threw her to him. And he devoured it like crazy.

"Daphne? Damn her!" My father retorts, cursing the girl I've truly loved, "Look at who you are right now! You're an idiotic mess!"

My knuckles were balls that deflated in an instant. He was right. I was a mess. That's why I needed her. That's why I'm waiting for her.

To come back.

To apologize.

To tell me she still loves me.

That's why love is foolish. I am foolish. She was foolish to leave me. She was foolish to dump me.

Suddenly, my anger switches from my father to Daphne. The name I loathed. The name I loved.

I wanted revenge.

I wanted the past.

I wanted her to ask for me. To beg even.

Next thing I knew, I was talking to my father, seated here in front of him on the twin beige-colored couch. He was laughing and I didn't know why. I just kind of lost the hold of myself.

I heard myself say, "That's going to be the last I'll ever have."

My father nods, tapping his cane to call one of his guards. "Jake," he beckoned, "Contact her immediately."

Jake, the taller guy, holds his phone to his ear, a triumphant smile on his face.

Snap!

"Are you hypnotising me?" I surprisingly asked, my father turning back to me again. He shakes his head. "It wasn't me that hypnotized you. It was the girl who broke you."

He continued, "You angrily agreed to what I had said earlier. But with your condition. Yes, she's the last one I'll ever bet. If you didn't like her just as the hundred girls I've scouted, then, you're free to go."

I choked on air, startled by the word free. "Father, are you kidding me?"

"No, I'm not. But I would surely crush everything in you. Max out your credit. Fire you of your job. Throw you out of the house. And never call you my son again." The threat was there and it horrified me. I sighed. There was no way beating my father on his gambling game. It was either he wins or he wins.

Why the heck did I agree?

****

I parked my car into the empty lot, the humming of my engine slowly fading. I took out the keys and got out. I wore my casual today since Louis ordered Michelle to clear my schedule out. Which was pretty much relaxing a bit.

I opened the door to the cafè my sneakers sneaking on the brown wooden floor. My father was standing near the counter talking to a girl that stood next to him in line. I cleared my throat and he looks at me just as everyone did.

"Oh, here he is!" He exclaimed, and I strode towards him with easiness.

Weird. I'm not as hesitant as before.

"So, is this she?" I asked him. He shakes his head. "No, she isn't. She's Natalia and this is her son Jamie."

This woman was married.

Who am I meeting then?

I smiled at the little boy that peered behind his mother, his big eyes searching and scared. I pat him on the head, looking at my father afterwards.

"Where is she?"

He looked me with piercing eyes. Just like the kid's but more sharper. "She's at the elders lounge, third table."

She's old?

That's a ridiculous question. Maybe I'm nervous after all.

He leads me to the back part of the cafè where it was secluded and only old people stayed. An old woman winked at me. It gave me jitters.

"Here she is," My father introduced.

I looked away from the creepy old woman and my eyes landed on someone familiar.

Rooftop. Stiff face. Pervert.

Her eyes widened as much as I did.