Alright

Kaye's POV

I lost the baby.

I lost my baby.

I sighed into my pillow that was soaked. I didn't bother ask for another pillow from the hospital. It will still be soaked later anyway.

The door slides open and I hear footfalls on the tiled floor. I twisted a bit to find Chrome.

His handsome features captivates me. And makes me feel all mellow and nervous.

He knows, doesn't he?

He sits on my right side of the bed and I sat up. I rubbed my fingers over my palms because I couldn't let him see me cry.

"Hey," he says, taking one of my hands, he closed his hands over it and I watched.

"Oh, hi," I said, croaking out the words.

There was a long pause before I spoke.

"I-I lost the baby, didn't I?" I asked him.

He chuckles.

"No. No, you didn't." He denies.

"Just tell me the truth, Chrome. He can't possibly live after being drowned."

"He did the impossible. You both did the impossible."

"You're lying. You can't see me tortured about his death that's why you're making it up."

"No, believe me Kaye, he's very much alive."

"The nurse couldn't even answer my question. She seems to avoid every time I bring up the matter."

"Well she wants me to deliver the news to you."

"And so you did. But you're twisting it."

"No I am not."

I looked him straight in the eyes this time. And it struck me. His blue green eyes were serene and they pierced me with a sharpness that seemed to be excitement and a mix of eagerness.

There was a grin on his face. A very wide grin I thought I'd never see again. It was the same grin he smiled at me when he told me he liked me.

I swallowed and tears sprung up again.

"H-he-he's a-alive?" I stammered, covering my gaping mouth with my hands and I cried into it. He nodded and pulled me close.

He embraced me as I cried.

"We'll be one big family Kaye. One big happy complete family."

I bit my lips and dug deeper into his nape, he smelled with a woody scent and it was tantalizing.

"I promise Id never leave you again. I love you Kaye. I love you and it's true."

"Do you really mean it? Cause if its all because of the baby, I don't want you to stick yourself with me because of him."

"No," he smiled, chuckling, "It took me almost a life to realize that I loved you. It almost took yours and our baby's life."

I was smiling against his neck. He holds me by the waist and pulls me away just to meet his forehead with mine.

I stared deeper into the blue green hues of his pupils that was dipping my heart with all lovey dovey feelings.

"I love yoy Kaye. And I want you to marry me."

"So is this the part you get down in one knee and put a ring on my hand?" I laughed, kissing him on the lips.

He jolted and shifted a bit, shocked by my sudden move. I pulled away. He wags his brows at me, teasing me and I immediately flushed.