It's Still Midnight

Hi guys! So...after the very very long wait...Thank you for being faithful to this story! Thank you for all the comments and votes. I'm really grateful!

-D.S.

******

I lay again still awake. It had only been fifty five minutes since Chrome stepped into my house for the first time. I bet he's snoring right now. I got up, opened my door quietly, glanced at Keith's room. Closed. I treaded lightly to the living room. In the shadows, I hid myself. Chrome's back was to me as he lay on the couch still with the blankets on but his clothes were on the table neatly folded. I checked the pile with my eyes, no shirt. Good, he sleeps with his shirt and pants on.

A pillow was missing.

And I know that that couch is the worst bed one could ever make. It gives a lot of headaches and backpains.

I fought the urge to go and wake him up, make him transfer to another suitable bed than that old couch.

As motherly as I am, I grunted, heading towards him.

I placed a hand on his shoulder, he jolts up, surprised. I nearly laughed as he looked like he was going to pee his pants.

"Hey," I say.

"You scared me. What?"

"Go sleep in my room."

"Nice offer but where will you sleep?"

"With Keith, he's got a bigger bed."

"No, I should sleep with him in his bed."

"Since when were you such like this guy? The bed would be too small for the both of you."

"Like what guy?"

"Never mind. Just shut up and go, don't give me another problem to deal with when you'll complain tomorrow."

"Really?"

"Go before I change my mind." I say.

"Thanks!" He cheered, grabbing all three blankets with him. I hear my door close and I sigh.

Sometimes I blame my mother for training me to be too generous for my own good. May she rest in peace with God in heaven, love you mom.

I opened my brother's door and saw him sprawled on his bed, occupying every space there is. I shoved him to the wall to clear a space for me.

Two hours later.

Keith and I were tangles of legs and arms. I shoved him a lot and it was getting tiring. The sleep I craved for never came because I feared I'd fall off the bed if I closed my eyes even for just a second. My phone blinks 1:35 in the morning and I'm still awake.

I gave up, catching mysepf before I land face down on the floor.

There was no other option. Make Chrome leave.

"Hey Ashfield," I whispered, poking him on his cheek. He stirs. Good for him, sleeping comfortably. "Wake up."

"What?"

"Transfer to the couch. I can't sleep."

"You're thinking about me, that's why."

"Shut up or I'll push you out."

"Fine."

"But the couch would be a bit uncomfortable, are you okay with it?"

"No I'm not but Your Ladyship has to sleep so I'll go."

"Oh, never mind," my conscience turns me around again, "Just sleep."

"But you won't be able to sleep."

"I'll try to fit myself again with Keith." I nodded to him, turning the night light off. I was about to turn the knob...

"What?!" I squealed as he took me down into the bed.

"Then sleep with me," he whispers so close his breath tickles my cheek. I gasped as he puts both arms on the edges of my head to move the pillow.

This is a very, very, bad idea.

I gulped, closing my eyes hard.