I saved them, then why?

Hi guys! Thank you so much for being patient and remaining still faithful to this story! I can't thank you all enough. I appreciate all the votes, comments, and the adds.

Thank you again! This chapter is dedicated to you all!

-D.S.

*****

I watched over my shoulder. Almost five. I have to rush to the hospital.

I hurriedly kept my things, making sure to lock the shop. I grabbed the bouquet I bought earlier at break time, smelling the blooms of hydrangeas and hyacinths. I hailed a taxi, the driver smiling at me. I rode it, closing the door but a familiar silhouette was running towards us. The driver, curious, waits for it.

Nathan.

I opened my window.

"Hey, love. Where are you going? I was about to visit you at the cafe but I saw you leaving."

"To the hospital."

"Did someone got sick?"

"No, actually, it's an accident."

"Who? Chrome?"

"No, Louis and Daphne."

"Daphne?! Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?"

"No, you didn't." I corrected him, he shook his head, opening the door of the passenger seat out front.

He turns to me, "Well, I'm telling you to stay away from her."

"Why?"

"I can't tell you now since it's not the proper place. Let's go to the hospital first." He turns to the driver and the driver nods.

Curiosity at my peak, I glanced out the window thinking. Why should I get far away from her as possible?

*****

We arrive at the hospital. After some arguements, Nathan paid the taxi bill. I sighed, "I definitely have to pay you back at least half."

"Love," he smiles, "Don't be an old woman. Besides, I'm a gentleman."

"Gentleman, your arse."

"Hey, I didn't know you talk that way!" He smirks, holding up both his hands in surrender.

"Well I talk that way, Nate."

"Marked. I'll remember not to be on your bad side then." He playfully flicks me on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes, pressing the elevator buttons. One of them opens and we rode in.

567...568..569...570.

Here we are. I turned the knob. Nathan stays out the door, sitting on the chair by the number. He rathered not enter Chrome's domain.

I cleared my throat, closing the door.

Before you actually can access the room, you'd have to pass through the living room and the little kitchen. Chrome was probably in the room since the living room and the kitchen is empty.

"Jake, are you sure?"

"I can't believe it, but its there. Same face, looks, uniform, and height."

"You must be joking."

I frowned, they were talking about Daphne.

"Hey Chrome, what are you both talking about?" I asked, pretending not to know anything. They both look up from the video playing from the laptop. Chrome's face was of betrayal and hurt.

I gasped at what I saw. Daphne was awake. They weren't just two conversing it was actually three.

But it didn't shock me how it shocked me like the videotape.

I was in the video.

I dropped the bouquet as Chrome stands. I didn't want to see him with a face like that. The look of betrayal.

And promised. I wasn't pretending anymore, truthfully, I didn't know what they were talking about.

Chrome's eyes were the darkest hues of blue I've seen in my entire life.

"You murderer." He says, before...

Everything else.