His Decision

"I should just give her up."

Chrome says, resting his head on the wheel. It was pouring heavily and I just stared out the window. The talk about Daphne was annoying me but I kept quiet. I just don't know what's happening to me. I like him. That's all.

But with Daphne in every conversation was bearing a heavy weight on my chest.

"If you're not sure to give up," I say, "Then, don't. For heaven's sake Chrome, you love her!"

Yeah, he loves her.

"But I'm just so tired. How can I find someone who doesn't want to be found?"

"You have me," I blurted out. Oh my God. That didn't sound right. I cleared my throat as he turns to look at me with his left brow raised. "As your agent?"

He raised his brow higher, "My agent? So far, you haven't been doing your job well. If I took someone like Jake instead of you for this job, I'd be having her sitting there on your seat."

I looked at him, stunned.

Yeah, let that dog do the job. He's a dog after all.

But again, I'm hired to be his wife and his agent.

It hurts. Just a little bit.

I smiled, shaking it out of my ears. "And I'll be free," I add, looking out the window. The rain was not slowing down. I sighed, "But she isn't here. We're not as happy as we would've wanted."

"That's why I'll just give her up."

"But, Ashfield, it has only been a week! Do you give in so easily?"

"There were many 'agents' before you, Green."

"Oh ho, so we're calling each other with our last names now."

"Well, you started it."

I sighed, "It was because you're always over reacting! Daphne this and Daphne that!"

"Got a problem with Daphne?"

"Uh, you're my problem."

"Jealous?"

"WTFudge? The world will need to end first before that happens."

"Well, your world ended when you met me remember? You're not normal anymore."

"Your definition is different from what I meant, field of Ash."

"Now that I think about it, why are you so perverted?"

"Me? Ha! Pervert nev---"

"Oh, I know, your so green minded! Mind of Green."

-_-

It was getting ridiculous. And it's getting on my nerves. This was a serious talk about him and Daphne, blah, blah, blah... Now it's ending up with us bickering. Is being childish like this a side of him?

"Not talking anymore, you're getting weird." I say, turning my back towards him. I focused on the rain drops falling on my window.

Then, I hear laughter.

My eye twitches and I asked, "What are you laughing at?"

He snorts in his laugh.

His laugh is definitely unattractive.

"Nothing," he clears his throat, putting a frown on his face.

"Why were you laughing?"

His mouth moves into a tight line and seconds after his eyes go small.

Now its my turn to laugh.

We both were riding on a laughter train until we reached my house. Keith was sitting on the front porch, reading a magazine. I got out the car. I say goodbye to Ashfield but he gets out of the car too.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I asked, opening the latch of the gate, "I thought you'll be leaving."

"Are you still mad I called you Green minded, Green?"

"No," I shot back, "I'm tired. Go home."

"Its me he wants to see, dear sister." Keith interrupts, putting a friendly arm around Chrome's shoulder. I scratched my head.

"Oh, well, wouldn't want to interrupt your chum time. I'll head off first." I yawned, closing the front door behind me. Keith calls out, "Sis, make us some sandwiches won't you? I'm starving!"

"Okay," I answered, heading towards the kitchen.

I opened the refrigerator to find...woah! Groceries? Who bought them?

Ashfield. Who else?

I don't know why but they seem so chummy and friendly together. Are they, perhaps, ridiculing me? Keith has a knack of jokes about me. I grab the bread and the ham with some mayonaise and leaves.

Should I stuff weeds in here instead of cabbages?

That would be a prank to remember. But no...nevermind.

I whipped them their sandwiches, waiting for five minutes to microwave them before serving it to the two boys sitting on the iron chairs outside. They were in hushed conversations, staring up at the night sky whose stars were almost invisible because of the city's vibrant lights.

They turned as I set the tray of sandwiches down on the table between them.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, sitting on the last vacant iron chair. Keith throws me a confused look, Chrome's was just blank.

"What?" I asked again.

Keith pushes me out of the chair towards the door. "This is a talk for the big boys. Go away," He says.

Whatever. "Fine, I'll just be in my room. Sleeping."

I closed the door again. I'm just too curious to know what they were talking about that I hid behind the wooden door, the shadows swallowing me. I moved closer.

Chrome: Not bad.

Keith: Wait til you taste her mushroom soup, it's the best!

Chrome: Nah, I bet it's just so-so.

Keith: That's why I like you, Brother.

Mediocre? I'll show him mediocre! Hmph!

I clenched my fists, heading to my room. They're only back biting me. I hate guys like Chrome who's so full of himself!

Brain: But then again, who fell for him?

Shut up.