All I Need

Now, I'm fully equiped with the time to finish my story.

I've been out for almost a month and I'm terribly sorry about that guys. School stuff. So, here goes all I can manage. :)

Thanks a million again!

*****

Nathan's POV

I didn't mean to push her away. But I did. She deserved to die. The wounds on her skin doesn't equal to Kaye's.

She was gasping, panting from running. I chased her down by the edges of the slippery cliff. She was pale and I could see now why Chrome was smitten with her.

She was beautiful. But only on the surface.

I dared not praise who she is.

I cursed at her loud. She glared at me through blue eyes. "You b*tch."

She was laughing at what I said. And I figured she had cracked her sanity already. The policemen were right behind me, handcuffs ready.

"Hey, chiefs," I said to them, "Put a cuff on her ankles too, in case she tried to run."

She was still laughing. I turned, ignoring the clinking of the locks in place.

I ran back to where Chrome dove from. The waters wickedly slapped the side of the cliff, and death was staring back at me with darkness and deepness I couldn't figure I'd survive.

My hands fisted, blinking away my disappointment and sadness that held tightly on my heart.

They couldn't survive.

Kaye and her baby...God...

I looked away from the cliff, saddling my motorcycle. I couldn't take the news if they died. I bet I'd be dead too.

*****

KAYE'S POV

I've never felt so much more alive.

His forehead was on mine, hot and warm. His breath fanned my face, fueling heat into my skin cells making them severely aware of him so close.

I was enjoying the moment, a smile on my lips. I felt so secure, guarded.

But my stomach suddenly hurts.

And all I could think of was the baby.

I pushed Chrome off, landing on his arms on his side.

"Ugh," I grunted. I scrambled to stand, successfully putting myself up on a crawl. I clawed on the sand beneath me, venting out all my pain into the wet clump.

Chrome had better strength than me. He had himself up on a standing position. Without a question or a word, he scooped me up, an arm circling around my bruised knees.

I closed my eyes hard, tears escaping from them. I couldn't lose the baby.

I couldn't.

My hands curled itself, crinkling Chrome's wet shirt. He understood that I was in pain and that further words would hurt me even more.

He craddled me like I was going to shatter, my breaths shallow and hoarse.

He had laid me on the leather seat of his car.

I could vaguely feel him driving fast, past the speed limit, a good thirty pst the limit, I guess. I was clutching my stomach, turning over on my sides. I wanted to vomit.

"Stay with me, Kaye, come on baby, the hospital's just a hundred yards away, stay with me darling."

That was two awkwards in one sentence. It was unnerving, but it sounded good. It was a surprise but it felt so familiar. I smiled at it. The pain didn't lessen but those two words eased the burden of feeling it.

Not long, I was on his arms again. He didn't bother about his million dollar car as he left it in front of the hospital doors unlocked.

A nurse probably knew him since the nurse offered to take his keys. He gave them without hesitation.

He shouts something I couldn't make out. The buzz of noises were swirling in my head and perspiration was bathing me deep despite how wet I was.

Soon, I was on a soft bed, away from Chrome's embrace. But his hand was on my hand.

That's all I need.

All that I needed to want to be alive.

"The baby... Please..." I say to no one in particular since the world before me was a swirl of bright lights and blurry colors.

*****

CHROME'S POV

I never knew a kiss could make me feel alive again, like all the hurt faded away. It was all I ever need. All we ever need to be together.

But now, I doubted that. I couldn't lose her, ever.

My hand was wrapped around hers, my eyes strained on her pale wet face, I should've dried her off first. She looked miserable dripping wet. Her eyes were moving, her pupils searching for something she could see clearly. But even my face was blurry to her. I squeezed her hand harder as I try to keep up with the speed the nurses drove the gurney to the Emergency Room.

"The baby...please..." she begs, biting her lips.

I squeezed my hand again, and she sighed, her body shaking in silent sobs.

Baby...?

I leaned forward, kissing her forehead. I couldn't utter words like, 'It's all going to be well,' or, 'Don't worry.'

I couldn't when I wasn't so sure.

Could she possibly be...pregnant with me?