Drunk and Jealous

I don't know what to do anymore. I don't even know what to say and think.

I stare up the cafe ceiling. But it was blank too.

All I know is that, I don't have the heart to search for Daphne. Even if Chrome forces me, I'll never have the motivation and determination to uncover more clues of where she is.

I just don't know why...

I slapped my face slowly, wafting the coffee smell of the coffee bean from the machine. It was hypnotizing. I added in cream after the coffee was poured in the cup. I handed it the customer waiting behind the counter.

I sigh as I waited for more customers. It was a slow day and I grabbed my pen. There's nothing like sketching when you're bored.

I drew an anime guy, humming to myself. After finishing, I held my work up. But a customer clears her throat, "Hi, I would like an Iced Americano, please."

I smiled and put the pad down, heading off to the machine, grabbing a cup. I gave her her order, sighing to myself. I peeked at my drawing.

Ashfield.

Oh my God.

Why is he always in my mind these days? Having a crush on him is a burden. And I don't even know why I have a crush on him. Another burden.

I ripped the page off, folding it before inserting it between the pages of my pad.

My phone rings. Speaking of the field of Ash.

I pulled my old phone the kind with the flip cover out of my pocket. It really was Chrome. I pressed the answer button, "What?"

"Its noon."

"So what?" I continued, "So what if it's noon?"

"I told you its our sched today remember? Our first day to help me forget Daphne as we decide this morning."

"Then, what's the plan, big guy?"

"I thought you had that planned out."

"Uh, busy?"

"Great," he groans, "I just canceled the meeting for nothing."

"You did what?" I screamed, "Why cancel your meeting?"

"I thought I'm going out with you today. Jake's driving me to the cafe now."

"But I don't---wait," I thought. There is a way to make him forget Daphne. "Are you ready to part-eh?" I asked,snickering at him.

"What?" He nervously asks me back.

"Don't worry Chrome, I'll take care of everything."

The first step to forgetting a girl is too find another girl. And this plan is going to skyrocket!

*****

"Are you seriously making me follow you inside?" Chrome asked, putting his hands inside his hoodie. In order not to stand out, I pushed him to change into something cool.

I swallowed in a lump in my throat that kept on rising every time I see him. I am freezing and I can't help it. The freezing actually meant that I can't move because I'm too busy looking at how he looks.

This guy could be a more beautiful girl than me.

Jake pokes me from the side, whispering, "Hello, earth to Kaye?"

"Uh, yeah!" I cried, startled by the sudden awakening, "The best solution to forget someone is to find another."

Chrome casts me a sideway glance, sighing, "These people will hoard me and gobble me up if they ever recognize me, Kaye. Can't it be just you? You know, the rebound thing? Anyway," he stops for a moment as he waits for me to catch up walking to him, "We're engaged and the whole world knows that."