I Wait

I waited, staring at the windows as the sunlight peeked in. It doesn't seem to mourn me. It never cared. Just as how everyone didn't.

Keith knocks on my door, innocent of what happened. He says, "Sis, time for breakfast."

I don't have the stomach to have that.

I don't even have the stomach to walk. I don't even have the stomach to do things that I usually do. I don't have the stomach to call him and say it was all just a mistake. I didn't have the stomach to go and see him. I don't have the stomach to even tell him everything.

I don't have the stomach at all.

Why? Because I feel guilty. I feel used. I feel hollow. I feel disgusted at myself.

That's what they may see me. A soulless gold digger who gives her body just for money and comfort. Yeah. Who's kisses, who's touches never mattered as long as she'll get what she bargained for.

I looked at the street outside the windows, ignoring Keith once more.

"Hey, Keith, do you like me as a sister?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"Nothing," I shrugged, "Just making sure I'm doing good."

"Well, kind of."

"Thanks," I smiled at the window, "I don't like to eat."

"What's this? Slimming down?" He laughs, "It's Chrome isn't it?"

"..."

"Thinking about it, what's he doing now? He doesn't bother to come and visit."

"He's been busy, someone's making him."

"Oh," he says, "Well, I won't force you to eat. Just come out when you feel like it, sis," he closed the door and I hear his footsteps recede.

I released a breath. I hate being questioned by Chrome.

I hate everything of him.

I hate him! I hate him so much.

I opened my windows, the fresh air blowing a dry wind into my room. Then, I cry.

I don't know about what. But I cry.

****

Nathan's POV:

I knocked on her door, silence shouting at me on the other end.

"I'm worried about her," Keith asked, "She's got past issues with suicidal before."

"What?" I asked, knocking more impatiently. "Hasn't she tried doing so in the past days?"

"No, I watch her. I wonder what's wrong. She's been like that for the past five days."

"She hasn't told you yet?"

"If it's about Chrome, I'm not surprised. They fight all the time."

"Not just fight, something even worse. God, I hope she's fine."

"What's Chrome done to her? I can't understand. He's been good to both of us."

"Good?" I scoffed, laughing. It was funny. I rolled my eyes, turning back to Keith, "You don't know him that much yet, Keith."

"What's it that I don't know about him?"

"I don't have the right to tell you everything. It's Kaye should be the one to tell you that."

"What a hopeless case. She's barely even talked."

The topic was getting deeper and it didn't feel right to let him know. Though he's her brother, he's still a teenage boy and this is going to be a burden on his studies.

I decided to try knocking on Kaye's door again.

My phone rings and a familiar friend appears on my screen. I answered it running past Keith and outside their house. It was my secretary.

"Hey, Anna, what's up?"

"It's terrible. He's just sent you a court order."

"Who?" I swallowed a lump on my throat, fearing that the only person who'd do that would be Chrome.

"It's for someone named Kaye Green and he's written to you a letter that you should give this to her."

"From who?"

"None other than Chrome, Nathan. I feel terrible for his wife."

If this was on the media, it will totally leave Kaye insane and cornered. I spoke into the phone, "Please keep this a secret."

"Of course. I wouldn't leak any of this,"she says, hanging up.

That bastard.

She wouldn't like this. Should I tell her? Of course I should!

I hated to break it to her, balling my fists. I glanced up to the window of her room, Kaye was there, staring off into space.

She couldn't even see me standing outside her lawn.

She could only see him. Even if it's just imaginary. Her eyes could only see Chrome.

I bit my lip hard, the blood dripping on my lips.

*******

I know you guys have waited soooooo long for this chapter so I'm publishing it now. I would like to thank everyone for reading, voting, commenting, adding, following, and reminding me of updating!

I hope you'll still stay reading and hope you like how it goes!