The Talk that Change My Heart

I opened my eyes, stretching in comfort. I glanced to the window on my right, the sun penetrated in the blinds with a comfortable glow. I guessed it was seven or so in the morning and slipped out of the bed I'm in. I felt like walking into a dream. Until the nightmare of reality walked in with a half-naked body.

"Oh my God!" I gasped turning around. "Why are you undressed?"

"It's my room and I have to change." He says easily.

"Can't you do it when a lady is not around?"

"A lady? Don't kid with me. You're merely a girl."

Scoffing, I turned, covering my eyes because it was so tempting to look. My heart was beating so fast I couldn't understand. I've seen Keith naked a lot of times, but seeing Chrome couldn't feel so normal.

"I'll leave then," I stomped, bumping into a table. My mouth formed into an 'O'. The pain hammering on my toe.

He laughs, but I ignored him.

"I take my thank you back, Ashfield."

Outside, I rushed for my bag, realizing the time. Fifteen minutes. I have to bathe for five.

Grabbing my neatly folded uniform, I slipped into the shower. After drying up, I changed into my clothes.

Making sure I had my wallet and phone with me, I dashed out the door, without saying goodbye.

I can't be too friendly with that field of ash.

At work I didn't feel distracted by refilling and delivering coffee to tables. I was distracted. I can honestly tell you that.

Distracted by how Chrome's torso looked.

So masculine and perfect.

Oh my God! What's happening to me?

I shook my head, standing up to stretch and breathe in and out. He was lean but I didn't expect that he'd have such masculine body. He wasn't bulky, just lean yet muscular.

Oh dear, how many times have I said that?

Just two more hours...

A knock comes from the glass. I turned to look. Nathan.

"Hey, can I come in?" He says, opening the door. I nod, looking at his chest.

Distracted again. He's lean. Does he have Chrome's physique too?
.
.
.
Oh my God, I should really stop my brain.

He smiles at me, pulling a chair from the nearest table and sat on it. "You seem so distracted from outside. I was worried you'd go frozen."

"I'm just thinking about things."

He dragged the chair closer. "So, how was the wedding? Is it grand?"

"What?!" This was not the time to ask such questions. And it felt and sounded so awkward.

"I'm curious why Mr.Ashfield chose you as his daughter in law. And in such a rush too." He rubbed his chin, his perfect hands looked soft compared to mine.

Yeah, he's right. Putting the money deal aside, why did Louis pick me?

Now that he says he wondered, I wonder too.

"I don't know." I mutter, "He must have wanted to marry his son off."

Nathan shrugged, standing up and walking towards me. He squinted his eyes at me, tracing an invisible line below my eye.

"Have you slept any last night, Kaye?" He asked, he's grey eyes looking concerned.

He's so close. Too close.