Do I Really Care or Not?

Hey guys! For this time only, Chrome's POV is back! Only for this chapter.

I waited in anxiety in my car. Something in me has changed. Dad was right. And this has something to do with her. Not Daphne. But Kaye. I gripped the steering wheel, taking my curiosity out. It was cool inside the car as I waited.

Waited for what?

This is not me. It's not how I behave. What's wrong with me?

I couldn't possibly wait in the cold of this car for her! I shouldn't follow her because I want her safe! I shouldn't even want her safe! She's only my tool to get what I want and show Louis I better him in his games.

But why am I here?

Damn!

Why are there so many questions?

I watched in the darkness as the lobby doors open. She sprinted on the sidewalk, glancing here and there. I could see her eagerness was eating her inside. She hails a taxi, her hands shaking. Even from afar, I notice.

The taxi speeds off into the night as I followed it suit.

We've arrived at the local McDonalds store. And I could see her waiting by the bushes and the trees in the darkness. I wanted to get off and tell her that was an ideal place for something to go really wrong.

But before I could open my door, three motorcycles came roaring on the road as it was parked swiftly with arrogance. The middle one, I assumed was the kidnapper shocks her. She looked at them, talking to them something I could really make out. The man grins, his pals taking a slumped boy on the leader's cycle.

Kaye throws the bag at the leader, rushing to the bruised boy carried by the kidnappers pals.

And I hated how the kidnapper looked her up from head to toe. Now, I could sense there was something wrong.

Then after a short conversation, Kaye suddenly runs, but they catch up to her. I opened my car door, rushing towards them. But they had drugged her quickly.

I rush to them but a car drove past me. I backed away.

And they were gone.

Gone.

Kaye was gone.

Suddenly, adrenaline pushes my guts.

I can't have her gone.

*****

I stare at the trees outside my windshield, frozen. I didn't know what to do. Call the police? Call dad?

A knock comes on my window. "Hey, there, Ashfield. Are you okay?"

The nerve of this guy. But I don't feel like fighting him for now. For now, all I could think of was Kaye.

Nathan Peirce looked at me, "Well?"

"Kaye's been kidnapped."

"What?!" He shouts, "Why are you just slacking there?!"

"I don't care about her." I say, dryly. I didn't know why I said that.

"Don't give that trash to me, Chrome! Are you serious?"

"Yes, seven minutes ago."

"A lot could happen in that span of time! She could be sold off! Or worse!" Nathan stops, rushing to the passenger side. He slipped in, looking at me. I stared ahead, still unmoved. He throws a puch on my cheek, holding my collar. "You jerk! She could be...She could be..."

"Why are you punching me? It's not like she's any value to me."

"She's your wife for heaven's sake! She could...she could..."

"She could what?"

"She could be raped."

"Then, so what?" I blurted out. I didn't know what to say. I just let my head drive me on.

I earned another punch. He looks at me as if disgusted. I only cared about Daphne. Nothing was of value to me.

"Bastard!" He says, turning the car's engine on with the key. He reached to my side, shaking me by holding my collar. "There's only one place in this city they could take her."

He stops for awhile, "If you really want to save her, go to the abandoned store house by the port. They're there for sure."

He gets out.

Then, I hear a motor start, a sleek white familiar motorcycle breezing past me with such a speed.

That's when his words punched in.

Do I really care or not?