In One Bed

1:37 am

I held the blanket closer to my chest, my heart thumping so loud I can barely hear anything else. I closed my eyes shifting a bit to find comfort on the pillows.

I could hear his breathing. And the breath on my throat hitched like I couldn't swallow or take in any oxygen present in the room.

He shifts too. His back was to my back as we lay facing away from each other.

I moved closer to the edge of my bed, critically about to fall. I need distance. And a very big one. He's like carbon or methane and I can't even breathe.

I need to get away fast. The couch was not an option...the floor perhaps?

I stared at the tiled floor, this could be the best decision I could make.

He's asleep, isn't he?

I got out of the bed, carefully tiptoeing towards the cabinet where I keep all the the linens. I took several of them, slowly laying them out into the floor. Then, I search for a pillow unoccupied by his head. There was one.

The bad thing is...it's on the very edge of his side of the bed. I would have to reach out for it. And for sure, I'm gonna fall over him. Same process, same episode.

I didn't want that.

Brain: You do and you know it.

Me: No. Stop. You obey me.

Heart: You really want it.

It was my conscience versus my brain and heart.

I sighed. I'm going to sleep without a pillow then.

I took more linens as an alternative for a pillow, putting them neatly folded. I entered my bed, feeling warm and cozy. But the longer I lay, the more it got colder. The air conditioner was making it cool and I can't turn it off because I'd have to step on his side of the bed to reach it.

I sighed. Hopeless situation. I'd better not sleep at all.

God, please help me.

The floor is cold, my "pillow" is hard, and I want sleep so badly.

I can't dare go near him, I'll lose so much oxygen.

I should just watch movies. It's better that way.

I got out of my DIY bed quickly, folding it into neat pieces and returning it to my caninet.

I went out of the room, planting myself on the squeaky couch. I turned on the television. My usual Korean drama plays, I sigh as I watched the actors act in the movie.

It was getting late and my eyes were losing vision. I had to open them with my hands. I can't sleep. Not ever. I can't even lay comfortably anywhere.

"Lee Jung Ki is so cool. I'd like to have him for a boy friend." My eyes were going to close. I give up.

"You're married. Don't you know that?"

"Hahaha, married, are you joking me right now, Keith?" I spoke through half open eyes, watching Jung Ki.

"No, why are you acting that way?"

"That marriage is a fake. And I don't even know why Louis even chose me as a scapegoat for it. For his bastard of a son."

"Bastard? Why's he a bastard?"

"He's a bastard because--anyway, aren't you asleep?" I turned to his direction. Even with my eyes almost near closing time, I could see him.