The Nate Date 0.3

The dreaded hour comes and I wish I could just tell them I was sick. But I couldn't, I have a bargain to keep.

I looked out the taxi window as I gave him Louis' address. Louis told me that he had me arranged at his house to dress me up. Why do wealthy people need to put up with these things? They could just wear jeans,for example.

Uh, I hate make up but I definitely hate dressing up.

I closed the taxi car door and got frozen outside the gates. I was awe-strucked at the house--I mean manor and it's gardens sprawled before me. There could be hundreds of rooms. Why the heck does Ashfield still live in that boring apartment?

They're wasting money.

The gate electronically opens and Jake greets me with a wide grin. I greet him first saying, "Hey, dog."

He clears his throat, the smile disappearing. "Come this way, Miss."

"A dog with a formal tongue," I teased, laughing at his expression. I bet his eyes were twitching behind those sunglasses.

He leads me to the front door, opening it for me. "Mr. Ashfield is preparing upstairs and the elderly Mr. Ashfield  is waiting for you at the parlor.

They have a parlor?

How big is this castle?

I followed him into the parlor. Louis was sipping tea, already dressed and ready to go. He smiled and puts down his cup on the table in front of him. He snaps his fingers and a girl enters. I gasped at her clothes. Are those the latest fashion?

"This is Sylvia. She'll be your personal wardobe in charge. Sylvia, " he directs at her and she walks to me.

"I'll be your fairy godmother. Here, come this way." She whirls me into a corridor lined with wooden doors that could lead to any room possible. Thank God I'm not seeing Chrome. I don't really know what to say about last night.

You have a bargain to keep.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll keep my bargain.

Sylvia sets me down on a high chair, it's plush pillows embracing my butt. I suddenly felt sitting on gelatin. It's squishy and I love it. Sylvia holds my arm to stop me from moving positions on the chair. She smiled at me at the wide mirror hung on the wall. With the proper lighting for her to see, she grabs my face with gentle force.

Then, the magic starts.

*****

Third Person POV:

The hall was noisy, filled with chattering people who flashed under the lights. They were dressed to the maximum. Over flowing cloth trailing on the floor, twinkling jewelries, polished shoes, crisp suits, done hairs, make up splattered faces, very high heels, these people hustled inside the air conditioned room. At the center was a large stage with a wide white screen with people tending to the projector.

It was greatly decorated, the place. With red and black satin curtains hanging and the soft red carpeted floor, the lights a mixture of yelrloe and white, several balloons of red and black were strung to the walls, plants in vases and flowers were added to the boring formality of the event. The people were all wondering, how much on earth did Mr. Ashfield pay?

The people inside were noisily chatting waiting for the host.

Then, music starts and the doors open.

Mr. Ashfield, the old one, waved at the employees attending today, greeting them with a chuckle. The guests, the board and their families were attending too. And Chrome made sure to impress them that night.