Suddenly

I leaned my head on the window of his car, drawing eyes on the fog that had blurred the passenger's seat window. I had quite a fun day at the park a while ago and now, Chrome's driving me home.

But how did I become his girlfriend? I never said yes.

"Chrome, did I really say yes?" I asked him, looking to my left. He had his eyes on the road. I poked him on his forearm. He nods, not distracted. I did get that I said yes, somehow, but did I really say it out loud? "Did I really say it last night?"

"Yes," He says, "How many time do I have to tell you everything again?"

"But why don't I remember even a bit of it Chrome?"

"You were dead drunk, Green. And besides, it's fun having me as your boyfriend isn't it?"

Really this guy? If there's someone else he loves so much besides Daphne, it's himself.

An egotistical heartbroken jerk.

"Yeah, so fun that I hated the whole day I spent with you."

"Aww," he looks at me, patting me on the head, "I know I'm a better guy than Nathan."

That got on my nerves. First of all, Nathan was better than him. He was much more of a gentleman than this heartbroken human beside me. Nathan was kind. He never asked anything from me to return. He was soo sooo much better than this guy beside me.

Sometimes, though I have a slight infatuation with Chrome, I wished he was the one with me.

Chrome must have noticed my sudden silence. He repeats again, "I'm a better guy than Nathan."

I didn't answer because I was preoccupied of how Nathan was doing. Was he alright after I told him not to contact me anymore? Is he doing fine after that encounter we had with Chrome? Was his bruise healed?

Then I feel myself lurching forward. Chrome had stepped on the brakes of his car.

I cried, my breath shallow, "Woah, what happened? Did we hit something?"

"You happened," he continues, his voice suddenly icy, "Did you hear what I said?"

"Did you say something?"

"Get out," he orders me, unlocking the locks of his car, "Now."

"Why? What did I do?"

"Why didn't you react to what I said? Has he filled your head of himself?"

"Who?"

"Damn it, Kaye," he seethed, "Nathan Peirce."

"Why are you so hyped up when he's mentioned? You mentioned him first."

"No, I don't get hyped up when he's mentioned. I'm hyped up because when you hear his name, you go blank and I'm suddenly gone or I'm disappearing all of a sudden."

"I'm suddenly blank because I'm worried about him." I told him the truth because of course, it was the truth, "Is being worried about a friend bad?"

"Yes it's bad when its Nathan."

"So do you want me to cut my relationship with him?"

"You have a relationship with Nathan?" His voice was getting darker and louder the more we conversed. It was like he was attacking me because I got blank or lost.

"Yeah, he's my friend, for God's sake!" I raised my voice a little higher, "And people I have relationships with are completely my business!"

"Then get out!"

"Why? Why are you so mad at Nathan? He hasn't done anything!"

"To you he hasn't but to me he did!"

"Can't we discuss this without fighting?" I raised my voice even higher. His eyes were already dark and suddenly I feel like thunderclouds were looming over us. It gets chilly and my insides were screaming to stop this fight.

"He took what was mine from me."

"What did he take, Daphne?" I scoffed, smirking at him. He's so predictable. Whenever he talks about possessions and love it's all about that woman.

"NO! He took you!"

What??? Me??? When did I ever become his???

"He didn't take me. He never took me. And you don't own me." I corrected him, pointing at his face. He was enraged by what I said because he gets closer, closing the space between us.

"You kissed him because you thought he saved you from the kidnappers!"

"But he did save me!"

"No, he didn't. I saved you but he got to you first." He still kept his rage, turning away from me. He rests his head on the wheel, looking straight ahead, "Didn't you know I bruised myself that night? And you worry about his bruise that I punched at him when it was so little compared to mine."

"You what?" Suddenly I was lost for words and my mind blank.

He's mistaken. My mind goes blank when somethig bad happens to him. Not Nathan. Everything disappears when it comes to Chrome Ashfield.

Silence falls on us and he drives forward. He didn't force me to get out anymore.

Then, he speaks up, "You even kissed him."

Why does it matter to him? I'm not even that significant to him. Just what am I?

But this question wasn't suitable now. So I kept silent. Even though I was very curious, I shut my mouth.

I'm only temporary.

Temporary.

A cover, a replacement. Nothing but a fake.

And if I'm a fake, I shouldn't get involve with his world. I should leave as soon as I can.

Because it will be harder if I stay as much as I can.

He drops me off and I hurry out of the car. Keith waves at us, waiting at the porch. As soon as I jumped off the car, he looks at me and I meet his eyes, "Good night, Green."

I didn't reply and drives off into the night.