The Distance was Something I Needed

Hi guys! This book is getting so mny votes, adds, and comments! I really really am grateful for you guys! It makes me really inspired to write chaps. I hope you like this and have a great day!

Also, lately my internet has gone crazy. So I'm so sorry for the late replies, late greetings, and late thank yous...I hate code 1131...(*sigh)

Anyway....happy reading!

*****

I fled down the stairs as fast as I can with Nathan. Turning back to check if they ever noticed us.

It felt so terrifying. It was like running away from the person who wants to kill you. And believe me. Chrome really does, I think.

I was gasping for breath when we both reached the basement where he parked his car.

The familiar situation was like a knife. The moments of Chrome and I at the mall...But nevermind. That didn't matter now.

Didn't even matter then.

Nathan puts a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, are you alright?"

I nodded, laughing at him. He looked worse, His hair disheveled and his forehead dripping with sweat.

"You're the one who should lose some weight!" I cried, punching him lightly on the shoulder, "You got that tired after running down fourteen flights of stairs?"

He rolled his eyes, pushing me playfully. I was laughing while I took several steps backward because of the force of his hands.

Then, my hair stood up. I just bumped into something.

Something tall, something warm...something....familiar.

I spun on my heels almost hitting my nose on his collar bones. He was so close. So dangerously close.

I remembered the moments again.

I'm so sick of myself. Reminiscing things that were only temporary.

"C-Chrome..." I say his name, my eyes meeting his. There was so many things I wanted to tell him. But I guess I wasn't in the position to say it anymore. I looked away from his blue-green eyes that held so much of my heart. I bit my lip, my hands turning into fists.

Nathan grabs me by the elbow, pulling me away. It was like he knew what to do. I didn't even dare look up to Chrome anymore. I wasn't in the position to do so.

I wasn't in the position to touch him anymore.

I wasn't.

I took an unbalanced step to my left, head down. Water was dripping from my face. Sweat? No. Tears.

I can't believe myself. Crying for no reason.

Chrome's not a reason.

He never was in the first place.

Then, I realized it was just me again.

I was crying for myself. My foolish seld that wanted him so much.

Before, I called him a fool. Now, I take it back. I was the foolish one who always wanted to prove herself in front of him.

Then, a step broke into a run. I muttered a sorry before I fled again.

I closed my eyes while running.

I forgot it was a basement. A parking area. The area where cars run on.

Then, I hear the screech of tires on the slippery cement, the noise loud and close in my ears.

"Kaye!"

The voice said.

The voice I wanted so much to hear.

But I didn't need that voice anymore.

So, I saved myself.

I backed away from the startled car, my vision still blurry. The driver shouted something ineligible. The car sped past me in irritation.

I looked back.

My mistake.

My most terrible mistake.

He was there, so far. Nathan was here, so near. He didn't scream my name but he was ready to save me.

But there was something in the distance between me amd Chrome. I saw him so clearly. There was something so small. So minute. He was worried about me.

That made me happy.

Happy enough.

No...happy so much that I wanted more.

He actually cared?

I creased my brows, biting my lips hard, so hard, I can taste the blood of the bottom lip. My eyes shut hard, my throat so dry. My body went freezing.

I wanted to erase him and end my pain. End the foolish me. End the me who fell for him one-sidedly.

I sighed letting Nathan hold my hand. It was warm but not enough. I missed Chrome's.

But I know his warmth was not mine.

Nathan lead me to his car. He helped me get in, closing the door for me though I didn't really want him to since I can do it for myself. He goes over to his side, sat, and started the car.

We passed Chrome in my peripheral vision. I watched him watch us leave. I gripped on the seatbelt around me hard. I was still crying.

And the worst of it was...

Chrome and Nathan saw my nose dripping.

Damn.

I'm soo sooo unappealing.

*****

This is dedicated to you all, especially to IrdynaClyed who waited at 2 in the morning. Hahaha sorry. Late update. Anyway, the weekend updates start next week.