The Suicide Ride

Kaye's POV

My mouth drops open at the guy that stood taller than the old man. At the guy who wore casual clothing a model would wear. At the guy with blonde hair slicked back and blue eyes.

His eyes weren't green. They were actually blue.

Partially color-blind?

Okay I didn't know I was.

"You?" He asked me, a finger pointed to my way, touching my nose. I just stared. "Louis, she's--no--he's a transgender!"

My mouth drops open in disbelief.
Where the hell did this guy pick that up?

I shot him a confused look, suspicious of what happened that made him think I'm that.

"Why are you calling me a transgender?" I blurted out.

"Because you are." He accused.

"On what basis?" I asked back. But before he could answer, his father clears his throat.

"You better go," he continued, "the cinema's starting in five minutes."

"What cinema?" He turned to his father. "What is with the cinema?"

"Uh, it's dark and big." I interrupted, unconsciously. And I received a glare for that.

"Why would we go to the cinema, Louis?" He quaried, and I rolled my eyes, it was obvious. We were going out to see a movie.

Ugh. Such an idiot.

He gets the answer, stunned.

What is with him? Am I that manly to him?

I looked at myself and saw how bare I am next to them both. I looked so plain and disgusting. My clothes where tatters next to his.

I hadn't known he was touching my wrist until he whirls me away.

What? -_-?

It was like a movie. At first you where at one place then after a second, poof! You're at the parking lot.

He was about to close the door of the driver seat, then I asked, "How did I get here?"

"By flying."

I arched my brow. Do people fly?

"What am I doing here?" I queried.

"Get in, you dimwit." He answers.

Okay...chill man. I was just asking.

I opened the car door to get in on the back seat. I carefully seated myself, comfortable of the soft cushion. I was amazed of how cool the interior of the car was. My eyes were around and about.

Then my eyes landed on the mirror. Landed on him.

He has that glare again.

I sighed, "What?"

"Why are you sitting there?"

"Because I want to sit here," I replied, patting the chair.

"Why aren't we moving?" I asked, dead air piercing in the vacuumed space. He was still locking his eyes on me.

"Sit in front. I'm not your driver."

"But you are. You're the one who's driving." I retorted. He was on the driver's seat, so he's the driver. How dumb could he be?

He face palmed himself. "Just sit in front."

I shook my head. Alright. Alright. I'm transferring.

What a waste. The view was amazing at the back.

As I stated off into space, he was looking at me with searching eyes. "What generation do you live in?"

"I live with the dinosaurs. Why?"

"You haven't rode a smart car, haven't you?"

"Yep, I hadn't."

"Buckle up." He said. Now I got what he meant, the seat belt. Why didn't I think of that?

I locked it into place and he swiftly, with speed, pulled out the lot. Lurching me forward.

That sudden move made me want to vomit.

"Drive slowly will you?"

"Why do you care?"

"Are you suiciding?"

"Maybe I am."

"Let me out of here! I don't want to die. I still have a brother to feed, a grave to tend, a house to clean, a job to do, a babysitting to---" my mouth was running again.

I cleared my throat and got serious.

"We're not dying, stupid. We're going on a date!"

"A date?" That came out weird. I knew there was a date. Why did I ask?

"I can't believe I'm dating a transgender and a stupid, idiot one at that." He complained, turning at one corner, pushing me to the door.