Infatuated Fool

I watched her. I watched him. I watched them both.

Kissing.

What the heck?

The silence was getting longer and longer and the snicker on Chrome's face was getting wider and wider. My mouth was falling and falling down to the ground.

It goes on for more than a minute.

My stomach ached so suddenly that it twisted and acid goes up to my throat. I feel sick. I feel jealous.

Why did she kiss him?

"Okay, I'm leaving." I say. This crush thing was annoying me like the silence and Chrome's smile. Why did I ever get a crush on this guy? Egotistical playboy. Just because he's got the looks and the body doesn't mean he should let anyone just kiss him like that.

And this woman. The nerve of her! Just also because she's got the looks and the body doesn't mean she goes kissing anyone! Especially if they're taken!

Then, I felt conscious. I looked down on how I dressed myself and touched how I did my hair. I'm miserable and ultimately, absolutely shabby next to her. She's the kind of girl Daphne is. They're goddesses. Me? Don't ask. I may just be a local girl. Normal and plain.

He doesn't even react to my line. He's still standing there, amused, "Goodbye, Chrome."

"Wait! The photoshoot!" The very word I wanted to hear was wait but it was said out loud by another man.

A tall photographer with blond hair sped towards me who was halfway down the stairs.
"Sil vous plait, mademoiselle! Sil vous plait!" He said with kindness and urgency in his voice.

Is this guy French? Woah, c'est super!

"Oui?" I asked, feeling myself with the moment. I wanted to speak French really bad cause it's been a long time talking with it.

"Oh? Vous comprenez le français?"
(Oh, you understand French?")

"Oui," I smiled as he clapped his hands together in equal delight and excitement. "Je m'appelle Thomas, enchanté." He holds a hand out.

"Haha, oui, le plaisir est pour moi. Je m'appelle Kaye." I replied, taking his hand.

Chrome's voice cuts our happy moment with Thomas, "You speak French?"

"Got a problem with it?" I ask, toughening my voice to make me seem unaffected. He raises a brow at me, a smile tugging at one corner of his lips. If I was ice cream I definitely melted two seconds ago.

"Nope, just asking."

"Are you both done, you know, having a lovers' reunion?" I swallowed the lump in my throat, the acid rise making my voice sound weird.

"Yes, we are, unless Chrome wants seconds for my kiss." The woman says and I roll my eyes. The very nerve! I'm going to burst it and cause severe internal bleeding! My fists turn into tight balls at my sides and Thomas notices it. He laughs with force and takes my elbow.

"Mademoiselle, allons-y? We still have a photo shoot."

"By all means, Thomas, let's go." I say looking away from both of them but I could feel Chrome's eyes on me. There was uneasiness like he was laughing or smirking at me as I walked in front of them. I glanced at them a bit, my eyes enlarging at the hands of the woman holding his waist and her head on his shoulder. I blew air out, scoffing. Chrome's face was still smiling. It really feels good to have women all over you, huh, Chrome?

Thomas pats arm ang I smile reassuringly.

*****

Throughout the photo shoot, it was either her blowing kisses or her smiling seductively at him. And I seem so distracted and so mad at the photos that we had to take them again and again. And the crew was getting tired.